Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2009

A little paint on the road

When I am coming home on the freeway, just before my exit, the 2 right lanes merge. This causes some major problems and slowing, especially on Friday afternoons. Daily, I hit a slowdown (<10 mph) anywhere from one to 4 miles before this merge. Well, about a week ago, someone got a genius idea to repaint the lines and now the lanes don't merge. Yesterday it only took me 27 minutes to get home. Usually Fridays are over an hour. I don't know if the slowing was all due to this merge or if I've just had amazing traffic the last few days, but I am so excited that it has been better. They have also finished up construction projects on the roads that I take to get from my house to the freeway and from the freeway to my school in the last couple of months that were going on for years before that. So, right now my commute is eight million times better than it used to be.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

That is so exciting! Yeah for LA for doing something smart!

Jill said...

What good news!