This last week I have had spring break. I spent 4 days in St. George with my parents, Melissa, Lindsey and my nephew Daniel. We had fun hiking in Zion and Tuacahn, shopping and just hanging out. It is always fun to spend time with family. I don't have pictures now because they are all on my mom's camera, but I should get some soon to post.
I also decided that I needed a necklace holder. I made one out of wood and ribbon. I went to JoAnns and looked at what they had, didn't find what I wanted, so came up with a different design. It actually worked out pretty well and the only tool I needed was a drill! Here is a picture of it hanging in my bathroom.
a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhzR8Z9Rn5TIRrJ4u-odk1p-unDTemDTpmN4ZAeoD44SnlDnlbMRXcOtlbX_niAKA8gQOHd4Vz04Dd1BU5U8jUuS1_rFOes-wQn9l8B_CER1mMChCipx_bJORvLegePpP4kt05u92-ePM_P/s1600/Owen's+River+Gorge+042.jpg">
In January, I filled out an application for the lottery to hike Mt. Whitney. Yesterday I received the reservation in the mail. On July 8, me and 3 friends will be hiking the highest peak in the continental United States! It stands at 14,500 ft and is a 22 mile round-trip hike. We will do it in 2 days, spending one night camping along the trail. I am getting ready to do some practice hikes in the next couple of months so that I definitely reach the summit.

1 comment:
Cute necklace hanger!! and whoa on the hike, that is impressive. Good luck!
Post a Comment