Since moving to LA I listen to country music a lot more. Since finding out I'm pregnant, I've noticed 2 songs more than any others: first, Carrie Underwood's "American Girl" and second, Brad Paisley's "Anything like me." Each of these songs tells about parents realizing they were going to have a girl or a boy baby. Well, last week, Brad's song came true for me. As the song says, I was at the doctor and she "pointed to the corner of the screen, see that thing right there, you know what that means." I am happy to say that we are having a baby boy! Kirk and I didn't care either way, we definitely want both. We don't have any names picked out yet, but I think Kirk has been looking into toddler fly rods (just kidding).
It's been a while since I posted, so I thought I'd share what's been going on.
Kirk: has 2 months left of dental school! Yay!! We're hoping he can get all of his requirements for graduation done in that time :). He's been out fishing a couple of times recently and had a blast! Of course, fishing is still all he thinks about and his second true love in life (after me of course)
I'm still pregnant and am starting to show. I am quickly running out of clothes that are comfortable and need to go shopping again. I am feeling better--20 weeks--but I still get sick almost every morning. The difference now is that it is gone after about 7:30 a.m. where as before it hung around most of the day. I've actually felt well enough to leave the house after work a couple of times this week and hung out with friends for the first time in months. I've missed that. It really doesn't feel real that we are going to have a little baby in just over 4 months. I kind of don't think it will feel real until he is about 3 months old.
School is going fine, but I am really looking forward to being done in a couple of months. I think we found an apartment to move to next year, but we're still trying to work out detail of how we're getting to Memphis and stuff.
Volleyball
6 years ago

9 comments:
Awesome! Congrats! I gotta say, I sure love my boys (I love Brooke too, but my boys have an extra special place in my heart). And that's awesome that you probably found a place to live; house hunting is a pain!
He's going to be one lucky boy! Congrats you guys and glad to hear you are feeling a little better. Now what about getting together for dinner?? Let's plan soon!
Sorry the above was me! I was signed in to the google account for the non-profit I work for...sorry!
Hooray for little boys! I'm glad to hear the all day sickness has gone most of the way away. My sickness with my last pregnancy lasted all day and way into the second trimester too. No fun. Hope it goes all the way away for you soon. Good luck with the last bit of school and the move!
Congrats! Boys are so much fun! Oh, I just love little newborns! So, I think it will be real for you when you're in labor ;) The pain brings reality into sharp focus! Good luck!! I'm so excited for you guys!
So exciting, Cheryl! I'm glad you're starting to feel a little better. Good luck with the rest of school and your big move! We'll definitely have to make a trip up to Memphis.
You will love having a little boy! Congrats that is so exciting!
Boys are a bundle of fun! He will love going fishing with you! Congrats again!!!
Congrats! That's so exciting. Good to hear an update on you guys. Can't believe you're almost done with school - crazy. We're excited for you guys and all the upcoming changes in your life. :)
Post a Comment