Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

5 months!

This month flew by and Cade has changed so much.  We measured/weighed him yesterday.  He is still 20 pounds (same as 4 months) but has grown just over an inch to 28 1/4 inches tall.  We think he is going to end up just like his parents height-wise :).  We have moved up completely to 9 month clothes with a few 12 month thrown in there.  His hair has really come in too.  It has a bit of a wave to it, but mostly it just sticks straight up all over his head. 

Cade is really smily and happy.  He loves to sit up and has finally begun to master balance.  He can sit on his own for several minutes.  The other day he was able to move his arms a bit while sitting instead of using them to balance.  He still cannot smile and sit at the same time--he just falls over.  He giggles too, espcially when he gets jiggled all over. 

the pillow is just there in case he falls.  :)
Cade loves to suck on his hands, thumbs, fingers and wrist.  He will stick anything and everything in his mouth that is within arms reach.  We've got to keep things clean!

We have started giving Cade rice cereal.  He is getting better at eating it.  He started by spitting it all out, which I am sure in normal.  When we were in Utah, my mom was feeding him.  I thought he was really bad at eating it, but she assured me he was doing great and is very normal.  She was also telling me how we would all spit the cereal all over the place.  (Cade just lets it drip down his chin)  Right on cue, Cade looked at Melissa and spit cereal at her!  Alan gave Cade a sample of ketchup and french fries, which he wasn't too sure about.  I gave him a taste of banana yesterday.  He licked it, then made a face, then started sucking on it!  I think it was a hit. 


Just this last week Cade has started moving more.  He will rotate when on his tummy 90 degrees to get toys he wants.  He has started pushing up higher on his arms, getting his chest off the ground.  He has also started moving his legs more--all getting ready to crawl.  Cade will also twist his head around when on his back to see what's behind him and arch his back--almost rolling over.

Another achievement of the last month is sleeping through the night.  I have successfully eliminated the middle of the night meal.  Usually he still wakes up, but he has slept through the night 8 times now (over the last 2 1/2 weeks)!  Yay!  I can't wait until this becomes a habit!  He is still taking 3 naps and falls asleep without crying 90% of the time. 

never stops moving!
Cade has become much more interested in toys this month as well.  He got a carseat toy bar for Christmas which he loves (thanks Grandma!).  He pretty much will play with anything that makes noise though.  He still loves the jumperoo and so do Kirk and I.  He can control his arms now and will move around the circle to play with the toys he wants.  He still loves peek-a-boo, books, baths and his train.  He also loves to look in mirrors and sing songs with the baby in the mirror. 




Peek-a-boo!
Cade loves people and will smile at anyone who talks to him.  He loves music and was totally enjoying primary singing time today.

Cade got his first cold this month.  We were out of town in Arkansas, so all three of us has a nearly sleepless night in a hotel room.  Cade ended up sleeping in my arms for a few hours and that was the best situation we came up with.  Poor kid!  We were also able to go visit grandparents in Utah this month.  (see other post)

That's about it for my not so little boy!  He is sooo fun but way more work than I imagined.  I tell him everyday "it's a good thing you're so cute so I still want to keep you when you're being a pain!"  We love our little guy!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Very fun, I can't believe how quickly they get bigger! It feels like Josh will never be big enough to sit up, but it probably isn't too far away! I love the jumperoo, they are the best!

Kara M. said...

Wow! I can't believe he's already 5 months old! It's crazy how fast time is going by!

Meg said...

His hair is adorable! We are still waiting for a little more of Noah's hair to make an appearance... :)