Physical Changes--Believe it or not, Cade is getting thinner. He weighs about 23 pounds, but he was 20 pounds at 4 months. He is getting taller, but has really slowed down on the growth charts.
Mobility--Wow, this kid can move! He started pulling himself forward while on his belly at the end of March and now he army crawls all over. He scoots all over the living room and kitchen and has gone down the hallway to follow me a few times. If there is something in the way of where he wants to go he will grab it and throw it to the side to create a hole for himself. He is starting to "regular" crawl here and there. He pulled himself up from his tummy to a standing position on the couch yesterday for the first time. He will take a step or two along the couch to get to toys. He has also started taking steps when we hold both of his hands. He can also move from sitting to laying but not laying to sitting.
Eating--still nursing 4 times a day and doing solid food thrice. One thing I love to do is get Cade's food ready and show him the bowl and spoon. He will stop playing and come across the room to get it from me. He is a good eater. I haven't found any solid (pureed) baby food he doesn't like. He won't eat bread or crackers though. They just come back out. I haven't done much with giving him a sippy cup yet, but he drinks out of a regular cup reasonably well. I try to give him a drink of water once a day so he can get used to it. I think we need to get the sippy cup out more though.
Sleeping--Cade sleeps pretty well at night. He had a spurt this month where he woke up either in the middle of the night or at 5:30 am. The last 4 mornings though, he's been waking up after 6:30, which I think is great! He is still taking 3 naps a day but isn't really on a set schedule.
| Loves Kirk's electric toothbrush! |
Play--Cade is getting more fun each day. He loves his train still and will crawl after it and pull off the cars until just the engine is left. He has figured out how to make the train make noise. He likes to watch me pull the cars around and drive on his arms and head. He loves water and will play in the sink or tub whenever I let him. He loves opening and closing drawers, but hits himself in the head with it sometimes so I don't let him get to the drawers any more. Cade loves going outside and gets excited when I open the door. We go on 2 or 3 walks a day and love it when our friends come with us or meet us at the playground. Some of his favorite (non)toys are: shoes, cell phones, computers, waterbottles diapers (dirty or clean) and drawers. Cade loves to skype with Grandmas and Grandpas and will try to get the camera and computer the whole time. Cade loves music and dancing. He loves the swing too (thanks Trevor!).
| One of his favorite toys! Thanks Lindsey! |
| Loves to pull out all the diapers! Sorry about the bad lighting. |
Cade gets nervous around people when Mom and Dad aren't around. He has cried a few times at the grocery store when I left him in the cart and paid. He gets anxious when other people hold him too, even if Mom and Dad are in sight. We left him with some friends and went to the temple last week. They said he wanted to be held for the first while and at bedtime cried until they rocked him to sleep. I'm sure he will grow out of this sometime. I'm trying to be better at getting out and going to other people's houses and so he gets used to it.

3 comments:
What a fun update! I love the pushup position! He's a cute boy!
He is adorable and getting so big! It's fun when they start doing new things. I too love the pushup position! So funny! Miss you guys!
What a fun kid! Wish we were closer to have play dates. They would be such great pals!!
Post a Comment