Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Project: picture collage

I decided I wanted a project to work on.  I enlisted Kirk to help me make this picture collage I found on Amy's blog.  First, we bought a 24"x48" piece of 1/4" wood at Lowe's.  I had them cut it into 3 pieces (2 at 8.5" and one at 7")

We spray painted the boards black
I used my new Cricut to cut out the words.  It was great to be able to cut the exact size and font I wanted!
Used Mod Podge to glue the words down to the tops of each of the 8.5" boards.
We got 5x7 prints of some of our favorite places we've been.  (I had a coupon code for free prints, just pay for shipping!)  Each of the pictures is from a different place and is just scenery, no people.  Most of the shots are of things you can't see from a road or parking lot.  We used more mod podge to stick the pictures to the boards and on top to protect them.  I put 2 nails at the top and bottom of each board to hold them to the wall.  New, unique way to display our favorite places. 

6 comments:

Cali and Brett Smith said...

Yay for projects!!! Such a cute idea!

Kara M. said...

Oh, That is a cute idea and it looks like it turned out great!

The Smith's Fridge Door said...

What a great idea! I love it. Nice work. :)

Stormie said...

I want to make one! Super cute!

Katie said...

Wow, that turned out super cute!! I might have to copy you! :)

Norris Fam said...

So cute! I'm thinking about where I need some of these in my house :)