Moblility: Cade started walking 5 days before his birthday. We were convinced for a couple of weeks before that that he could walk, he was just scared. A week before his birthday he started letting go of his walker and standing on his own. Then a couple days later he started walking between Kirk and I, taking 4-5 steps at a time. The next day we were at my parents house and he was walking all over the living room, down the hall--you name it--just like an expert. He held his arms straight out in front of him like a zombie for a couple of weeks, but now he is a master. It is funny though how he will be standing or walking and just randomly fall over with no apparent reason. He is getting better at walking on grass too.
Physical Changes: Cade also has 8 teeth now, 4 on top and 4 on bottom. Height: 33 inches (95th percentile) Weight: 27 lbs (90th percentile)
Eating: The only noteworthy change here is that Cade is now drinking cow's milk instead of formula. He had no problem with the change, even when the milk came straight out of the fridge. He still eats a ton and isn't picky at all. When we sit down to a meal, Cade folds his arms. It is so cute. He just started doing it one day, without our prompting. Guess we won't be forgetting to bless the food anymore!
Sleeping: Cade's sleep habits haven't changed much at all. The last couple of days when I told him it was time to go "night-night" he walked into his room. I don't know how that got started, but I'll take it. He loves the fan and binky in his room that he gets at bed time.
Play: Cade got a big car for his birthday from Grandma Morris. He can sit on it and make it go with his feet. The seat opens and holds 2 smaller cars. The front opens into a racetrack to race the small cars on. He loves it. He is just starting to figure out how to make it move forward. The car also has 3 noise buttons on it, one of which plays music. When he first got the car, he kept pushing that button and waving his arms around to dance.
Another of his favorite things is building towers. He can stack 4 cups on top of each other. He also loves to stand a book up on end. When he was first able to do these things (around 12 months) he would build his stack and then put his hand on his chest as if to say "look what I did!"
Cade loves to put things in and out of buckets, backpacks and boxes. He likes to watch "Cade movies" (home videos) on the computer and talk to Grandparents on skype.
We took him to the park the other evening and he had a blast! He would crawl up the stairs and then walk to a slide and dive down it on his belly, head first. I don't know how he figured this one out, but he loved it! Even after he fell off of one and got a bloody lip, he wanted to keep doing it.
Cade likes to listen to music and loves it when we pick him up and dance. He just giggles and screams!
Cade loves reading stories and has started sitting still to listen to one. He got a book for his birthday that makes noise when the flap are opened and and really likes that one.
He is also obsessed with bottles, especially small ones. If he can find hand sanitizer, sunblock or hairspray, he will carry it around for a while. We have a collection of small lotion bottles that stay in his toy box.
We have an alligator puppet that my mom made for Cade to go with a nursery rhyme. His favorite thing to do is play hide and seek with it. We will cover his eyes and then throw it across the room. He puts his hands up to say "where is it?" and then walks around and finds it.
Another funny thing Cade does--Each night when it is time for bed I tell Cade to come get his diaper changed. He is so obedient and walks over and watches me get a diaper out and the he runs away laughing. I end up playing chase around the kitchen for a few minutes. He usually laughs so hard he can't walk. Yesterday I had his pajamas out, ready for bedtime. He went over and sat on them so I came over to get his diaper changed etc. and he just took off running. He really is a tease.
Intellectual: Cade is getting so smart! He knows and does signs for more, see, all done, where?, and eat. He knows where his head, mouth, ears and tummy are. He gets excited when the toaster, microwave, or my cell phone make noise. He loves going outside and if you say the word "go" or "stroller" you'd better be prepared to. Sometimes he will just bring me my shoes and then go stand by the door. He helps me by throwing away his dirty diapers and putting his sippy cup back in the fridge. He is so curious and wants to get into everything, even when he is not supposed to--especially the dishwasher. He loves animals and will often spot them before I do. He also knows what airplanes are and will point to them outside and point to the ceiling if we hear one inside.
Cade is still nervous around new people but he is also very social. He will give a big cheesy smile to anyone, as long as they don't get too close. He always wants to be with Kirk and I and will just come up and lay on my lap sometimes to say hi.
I know every parent says it, but I can't believe how big he is getting. He changes every week and is so much fun to play with. He has so much energy. I am exhausted when the 7:00 bedtime rolls around, but I sure love having my handsome guy!

1 comment:
Thanks again, I love your blog, even when I know what he is doing I love to read about it.
Love,
Dad
Post a Comment