Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Cade--15 months

Cade has really been growing up!  Here's what he has been up to lately: 


  • Sign language:  Cade knows and uses several signs.  He does more to mean "I want" or "more."  He also has signs for hot, cold, water, help, see, airplane, music, all done, where, bye bye, night night and eat.  He also blows kisses and give high five. 
  • Cade just started saying a few words.  He says dada.  This morning I got him out of bed and changed his diaper and he ran into our room saying dadadada looking for Kirk.  What a great alarm clock!  He also says bubble (bubu) and mama.  He makes a vroom noise for car and a different one that means airplane.  He is also getting "moo" for cow.  I told him to say "Alan" today and he said something that sounded right and repeated it over and over.  Hopefully he remembers that when we see Alan (my brother) in a few weeks.
  • Cade loves to do action songs.  He is starting to do the actions with us.  He loves "Wheels on the Bus," especially the wipers.  He loves to clap his hands and stomp his feet for "if you're happy and you know it."  He does the wiseman and the foolish man and monkeys jumping on the bed too.
  • Cade loves boxes and things with handles.  We have a cardboard box that has a handle on it like a briefcase and he carries it around.  He loves to find empty boxes and push them all over and sit on them.  Luckily he doesn't put too many things inside to hide away.  We were at Sportsman's Warehouse a couple weeks ago and Kirk was buying a hunting license.  I was trying to keep Cade entertained and gave him a small tackle box with a handle.  He was so excited and proud of himself and carried it up and down the aisle.  He cried when I took it away when we went home.  We have an old tackle box about the same size at home.  I think he might get it for Christmas. . .he'll love it.  :)
  • We set up our small Christmas tree and Cade "asks" to turn it on all of the time. 
  • When you have a 15 month old, there are certain words you can't say unless you mean it.  Stroller, vaccuum, go, outside, applesauce, grapefruit, and music are some of these words.
  • Cade loves to vaccuum.  He has now gotten to the point where he wants to hold the handle and help us vaccuum.  It is cute, but really slows down the process.  We have a battery-powered carpet sweeper I pulled out a little while ago and he thinks it is awesome!  He now uses that when we vaccuum and actually helps.  Luckily it is rechargeable. 

  • We have a CD of nursery and action songs that Cade loves.  We listen to it almost every day. As soon as I turn it on, Cade starts bouncing up and down and shaking his head--his form of dancing.  He knows his favorite songs (Wheels on the Bus and If You're Happy and you Know it) from just a few notes.  We keep the CD in the DVD player and listen to it through the TV.  Cade will point to the TV and wave his arm around (meaning music) and then gets really excited when I turn it on. 
  • Cade knows where his head, mouth, teeth, tongue, ears, hands and feet are.  On a good day he gets tummy and hair. 
Where's your tongue?

  • Cade has been cutting back to 1 nap about half of the time now.  He started sleeping less and less in the morning and then 2 days in a row I put him in bed like normal and he just played for 30-40 min.  He's been sick the last couple of days and has been taking 2 naps, but most of last week it was just one.  It is a tricky transistion for me and him. 
  • Since he has been dropping the morning nap, I lost my shower time so I've been getting it done before Kirk leaves in the morning.  Usually when I come out, Kirk and Cade are cuddled up in our lazy boy, watching movies on the computer.  The movies are either home videos of Cade or fishing videos.  Cade LOVES watching movies of himself.

  • Kirk took Cade in the shower with him last week and Cade thought it was so much fun.
  • Free toys Cade loves:  boxes, bottles, kitchen utensils, empty sour cream containers--great for building towers, blankets, sticks. . .I'm sure there's more.
Free toys--hot pad.  Sorry it's blurry.

  • Cade likes to help me set the table.  I give him plates, hot pads, spoons etc.  We have carpet under our table so nothing breaks when it is dropped.  Sometimes I run out of stuff to give him but he asks for more, so I give him spice bottles.  He doesn't seem to care. 
Setting the table.  He actually pulled these dirty dishes out of the dishwasher as I was putting them it, but I took the pic anyway.

2 comments:

Stormie said...

I love the picture of Kirk and Cade in the recliner. He's really growing up & they're so sweet together!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. We think Cade is pretty awesome too.
Love,
Dad