Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Grandpa Came!

My dad decided that it wasn't quite fair that Grandmas get to come when babies are born, so he decided to take a turn too!  He got in late Thursday night and was able to stay through Tuesday afternoon.  If you don't know my dad, he is a pretty laid back guy.  When he got here he said he only wanted to do 2 things:  play with Cade and hold Cami.  I told him that's pretty much all I do every day so he should be fine.  We ended up staying home quite a bit.  It was rainy and cold and we were ok staying home.  It was really good timing for me too because Kirk took a board exam on Tuesday morning.  So he was gone studying all day Saturday and Sunday and it was really nice to have another adult around to help me and talk to. 

Cade and Grandpa did everything!  They made muffins and scotcheroos.  They played with pom poms, puzzles, trucks, and balls. They read stories, vaccuumed, and watched Veggietales and Letter Factory.  Cade even let Grandpa put him to bed once (a rare thing with him).  Cade and Grandpa slept in the same room and came out together each morning.  Cade really loved having "ampa ampa" here.  One cute thing is that Cade always said his name twice.  My dad said that he would remember 2 things about Cade.  He is totally obsessed with vacuums and he is really strong.  Cade likes to pick up our dining chairs and move them around.  He pretty much carries anything he can.  My dad started calling him Bam Bam. 


We did get out a bit.  We went to Walmart to see the vacuum aisle (and buy some things, but that's secondary, right?).  Grandpa bought Cade a new choo choo book (the Little Engine That Could).  We also went out to Central BBQ for nachos. 
 

 

Dressed up, ready for church

 No visit from Dad is complete without donuts, so we hit up Donald's Donuts.  We ended the trip with a visit to the zoo.  We love the zoo!  Cade loves pushing the stroller around the zoo and looking at the giraffes.  Cami was awake for a bit this time and then slept through the second half.

Proof that I was there!  I don't get too many pictures of myself.
At the zoo
I really enjoyed spending time with my dad.  We ended up with a few naptimes with just the 2 of us home to talk and hang out.  He helped me make dinner and do the dishes.  He also stayed home while I went grocery shopping one day.   I don't remember the last time I got to go grocery shopping by myself!  He helped me take a million pictures of Cami for a 2 month photo shoot.  He loved rocking Cami and it was great to have a loving set of arms to pass her off to. 
 
We love you "ampa ampa!"  Thanks for coming!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Looks like fun, I am jealous! but I am glad that he could visit :)