Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

In Between Part 5: the rest of the time in Utah

Once Lindsey left, we still had almost 2 weeks to spend in Utah with the family.  We stayed with my parents the entire time, but were able to spend several days with Kirk's family too.  Melissa and I went shopping a few times and I got some much-needed new clothes.  We got frozen yogurt once and painted Cami's toenails too.  Melissa also hiked Mt. Timpanogos with Kirk, something she has wanted to do for a while.  Stinkin' nursing baby kept me home! :)


Kirk and I went biking a few times on the new bike trail right behind my parents house.  It was really fun and made me miss biking.  Before this, I had only been like 3 times in the last 3 years. 

We got to see a lot of Alan and Kristi too.  Cade thought Alan was the best.  He liked to run and tackle him, when Alan gave him cookie dough and when Alan helped him vacuum.  I think both Alan and Kristi had fun playing with Cami too.


I got to see my Grandma and Grandpa Waters a couple of times.  It was fun to see them interact with the kids.

Kirk went backpacking with his dad and brother for a few days.  They had planned a 6 day trip to the Wind River mountains in Wyoming.  It ended up being 2 days.  Kirk's dad got sick and didn't have the energy or strength to go any further.  We were excited to have Kirk home, but sad that his trip was so short.




Kirk also defended his Master's thesis to complete his program at University of Tennessee.  Yay!  Finally done with school.

When Kirk came back early, it gave him a chance to go to 7 Peaks water park with us.  We left Cami with Lisa (Kirk's mom) and took Cade with my parents and Melissa.  It was way fun.  There is one big slide with a few bumps in it you go down on a mat.  We were able to hold Cade and go down and every time we got to the bottom he yelled "Again!"  He had fun in the kiddy pool  and on a few other slides too.  We rented a double tube and had fun taking turns going down all the other slides.  We spent the rest of the day at Morris' house and played with trains and ate a yummy dinner.

We went hiking up in American Fork Canyon with both sets of grandparents, Connor, and Melissa too.  We hiked a little over a mile, round trip, but Cade walked the whole way and Cami slept in the Bjorn the whole time. 

Cade got to run through the sprinklers a few times outside.  He also had a spray bottle that was outside and he got pretty good at squirting things.  At first he had it sideways and just kept hitting his shoulder.  Then he figured it out.  He also learned how to suck on it and drink from the nozzle. 


That's about it. .  .we went to Trafalga with Kirk to ride the boats and go carts, at out at Smash burger, went to my cousin Emily's wedding reception, and played at the park.  We spent lots of time at home playing with vacuums, cars and the fisher price farm too. 

Hanging out with Grandpa!  Literally.

Mini golf.  I love this outfit!
My mom took great care of Cami while we golfed.

2 Grandmas!  Does life get any better?



I really enjoyed several little breaks I got like shopping or having my mom take Cade to the bank so I only had Cami or leaving during naptime.  It's things like that  that make staying with family really nice.  I got to make a necklace and a growth board with my mom.  I also made Cade's 2 year photo book.  Everyone was really helpful and we loved being there. 

No comments: