Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Cade is 2!

August 21--Cade's birthday!  We actually did several things to celebrate his birthday this year.  We had a little birthday party in July at my parents house with Lindsey and her family.  Cade opened a few presents and we played ring-around-the-rosy and duck duck goose and ate cookies. 


Then, we had Kirk's parents at our house a few days before Cade's birthday.  They gave him a train track set that he got to open and play with while they were here. 
opening presents in our "backyard"


On Cade's actual birthday, my car was getting fixed so we were at home all day.  When I asked Cade what he wanted to do for his birthday he said "vacuum."  So we vacuumed and swept and mopped and he loved every second of it! 


We went for a walk and "explored" some trails at a park near our house. 


We had hot dogs for lunch and raspberries for dessert because he loves them. 

When Kirk got home we let Cade blow out some candles in a treat he got to eat. 

Cade got a new outdoor basketball hoop and a pop up toy from Mom and Dad.  I also made him a picture book of what we did over the last year (something I plan on doing for each of the kids on their birthdays.)

My little guy is 2!  Crazy.  He is getting so grown up.  He talks non-stop and puts 2-3 words together all the time.  He remembers everything like telling me to get my keys when we check the mail or my purse when we go to the store.  We were eating pickles on our hamburgers the other night and he remembered eating pickles at Grandpa's house last month.  We hadn't even talked about it!

Cade likes our new house, but it took him a little while.  The week we moved in, he was watching a home video of himself at our last apartment.  He started crying and running to our front door saying "Cade house, Cade house."  I felt so bad for him!  I had to explain that this is Cade's house now.  He got more and more excited as I unpacked pictures and familiar stuff.  He was very happy when we hung up his picture on the wall.

Cade is very helpful.  He gets diapers for himself and Cami.  He puts clothes in the dirty clothes basket, he hands me dishes as I unload the dishwasher, he clears his bowl after meals and helps me wash things like the bathroom.  He does several "helpful" things that I could do without too :)

We had one big box from the move labeled Cade's toys.  He was in heaven the day we unpacked that one!

Cade had a lot of fun going to the "couch store."  He ran from couch to couch and kept yelling "next!"  We ended up going to a few stores on 2 different days and he got so excited when we said we were going to the couch store!  He also loves going to Scott's house and asks if Scott, Kara and Marley (their dog) can come to the new house.  One day Scott called me and while I was on the phone, Cade followed me around saying "new house" over and over again.  Cade calls all dogs Marley.

Cade has been pooping in the toilet for about 2 weeks now.  I've only changed a few poopy diapers on him and they have all been right after naps when I leave him in bed too long.  We were sitting in line at the DMV to get our licenses and he said "poopies."  Luckily there was a bathroom right there and it wasn't my turn yet.  I took him in and he went!  He doesn't tell me when he has to go potty, but he is getting pretty good going number 2.  Yay!

One day I was in the living room and Cade came running in really excited.  He kept saying "shoes" over and over.  I asked him to show me and he had lined up our shoes on the stairs very neatly.  He was so proud of himself!  I told him to go show Kirk and he was very excited all over again. 

Cade loves garage doors.  He points them out all the time and tells me if they are up or down. 



Cade can count to 6 and knows that 8 comes after 7.  He knows what a circle is.  He can't tell you what color something is (it's all green), but if you ask him to pick out a red truck he can do it.  He knows red, yellow, blue, orange and white on a good day.  He also knows the sounds of all the letters. 

He is still super shy and hates nursery, but he actually calmed down for about 4 minutes during each of the 15 minute stretches he was in there last week.

My little guy is growing up!  He loves his Daddy and gets so excited when Daddy comes home.  He loves getting Cami up from naps and playing with her.  If she has a toy he wants, he will get a different one for her and trade.  She loves him a lot too.  I am so glad we were blessed with such a happy, healthy, nice kid.  Cade is awesome!

What happens when you leave a 2 year old and a little flour on the counter?


1 comment:

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Cade! What a cutie!