Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Hiking, fishing and warm weather!

A couple of weeks ago, Kirk had a long weekend (which he has about every 3 weeks), meaning he had Thursday and Friday off.  We decided to take a family fishing day and go explore some lakes a couple of hours away.  The lakes had been freshly stocked, so we were hopeful.  We gave Cade the net and started fishing.  It took a little while, but finally I had one on and Cade and Kirk ran over with the net.  Cade stuck the net in the water and got the fish in it.  He thought it was great!  We caught a few more and Cade netted each one.  We did get rained on a bit and Cami didn't get any sleep until the drive home, so it was a little tricky, but all together it was a fun day as a family. 



The next day Kirk headed out with his new pontoon boat to fish another lake.  He called me about an hour after he left.  I knew immediately that something was wrong.  He was driving on the freeway and the wind caught the boat and blew it and the rack off of the top of the car.  Our rack is now ruined, one of the pontoons popped and the boat frame has several scratches on it.  Anyway, Kirk gathered up the pieces and came home, pretty depressed.  It was a gorgeous day so we decided to hike up Badger mountain.  We borrowed a second baby backpack and I carried Cami and Kirk carried Cade.  We had a little snack on the top and hiked down to play at the park.  This was my first time up Badger--even though I  love hiking and you can see it from our house.  We all enjoyed it and I'm sure we'll be doing it again.
Kirk and Cade hiked Badger the week before and it got pretty cold. 

from the top--beautiful day


No comments: