skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Cade update
- April
- We went on a hike. Usually we look for deer or dog prints, but this time Cade wanted to look for fox poop. I'm not sure why.
- We spent some time with my parents at Camp Zarahemla. Cade found a round piece of a wood cut. He thought it was really cool and wanted to make a spoon out of it. He saved it all day. The next day at home we glued a popsicle stick to it to make it into a "spoon."
- Cade started building castles with our blocks. He spends time everyday building castles and playing with his people.
- One day he was trying to tell me about a show he saw on youtube. I couldn't tell what he was saying and then he said "Mom, its b-l-i-p-p-i. Blippi" I don't know how he learned to spell that.
- I told Cade something was over by the pink tree. He said "which pink tree? Oh, you mean the dogwood?" I guess I should just use the correct words, not just the colors.
May
- Cade likes to tell us what to ask him. "Mom, ask me why my fireman is going over here." etc.
- We were heading out to Costco one day and Cade decided to comb his hair with water before he left. He told me that all the people in Costco will think my hair is handsome.
- Kirk likes to watch golf and make me guess who is winning the tournament. One day Cade told me to ask him who is winning the golf course. So I did and he said it was "macaroni". I think he meant Rory MacIlroy.
- He asks me to mop the car windows at the gas station.
- He likes to make mud using the squirt bottles in our back patio. He came in to ask me to fill up his squirt bottle. Then he asked me "squirt bottles are the best thing in the world, Mommy, aren't they?"
- He calls instructions "constructions."
- He takes turns picking a favorite toy and loves it to death for a week or two. For a while this month is was his red monster truck. He had to take it to bed every night.
June
- Cade's new favorite show is Jake and the Neverland Pirates. He sings the songs all of the time. He tries to figure out why the characters do different things and why Captain Hook likes to take things from other people.
- He loves to use scissors and make random things with little papers and glue. These are then special treasures that he likes to keep for a long time. He has made boats, rockets, airplanes, and lots of little things.
- The splash park opened this week. When we go, he loves to run all over and get soaked and play. It is one of the only places we can go and he just leaves me to play. He has so much fun and likes to ask me if he is the wettest person there.
- One night Cami said a prayer all by herself. When she finished Cade told me "I am so proud of Cami for saying a prayer all by herself!"
- I took the kids on a little hike and Cade wanted to find something special to bring home for Daddy. We found a feather. He said "Lucky me, I found a feather!"
1 comment:
I didn't know you were expecting! Congrats! When are you due? How's your new place?
Post a Comment