Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2016

May 22

Sunday night.  I've been sick with a cold since Thursday afternoon.  It started with Cade, and now Ellie, Cami and I all have it.  We stayed home from church today to get a little rest, but probably did too much yesterday.  We had scones for our snack tonight and they were delicious like normal!

Highlights from the week:

  • Saturday was Cade's friend David's birthday party.  It was a Star Wars party.  Kirk got to dress up like Darth Vader, they made light sabers, had a BB8 cake and ate tie-fighters made out of crackers.  They had a great time.  
  • Friday Kirk went fishing with a friend.  Cade had preschool in the morning.  I was feeling pretty tired and had a headache in the afternoon and we just stayed home and watched movies. 
  • Thursday we were busy!  We hiked Badger Mountain with some friends.  We had 10 kids ages 0-5 and everyone made it.  Lauren brought a bunch of treats and we had lunch at the top.  Cade did great and didn't whine the whole time.  Cami made it up just fine, but had a harder time on the way down.  Finally I promised her gummy bears when we got down.  She held my hand the whole hike--up and down.  Ellie was super happy and slept the middle half in the Bjorn carrier. We let the kids play at the park when we got down and then made it home about 12:30.  Kara came over for a bit in the afternoon and then we took Cade to swimming lessons.  
  • Cade is doing great in his lessons.  He is actually excited to jump in the pool.  He puts his head under to do bobs no problem and will blow bubbles too.  He wouldn't do anything last summer. 
  • Wednesday we stayed home all day.  Cade was not feeling well and skipped preschool.  He was doing ok in the afternoon, but we just took it easy.  We made a big poster for when the family comes so we can measure each person and see how big they are.  We cut out pictures of animals and put them on the poster so the kids can see if they are as big as a monkey or a penguin or whatever.  We had a lot of fun making it.  My kids are always asking how big things are.  
  • Tuesday we went to the park with some friends in the morning.  Cade loves playing with everyone.  He can swing by himself too, which is nice.  Cami usually hangs out with me for a while and then ends up playing a bit at the end.  We took the training wheels off of Cade's bike that evening.  He and Kirk were both pretty frustrated with it though.
  • Monday we had Elaine come over to play in the morning.  I don't remember what else happened. . . 
  • I've been working a lot to get our house cleaned up a bit.  I hung up pictures and cleaned up our backyard.  I moved stuff around in the garage and cleaned out space so we can park 3 cars there.  I bought some wood for shelves in the shed and have been finalizing the menu and buying food for our Smith Reunion next week.  We want to have things go as smoothly as possible and are trying to get prepared.  
  • My family all gets here on Saturday evening.  We are super excited and it will be a fun week.  I'm sure it will go by way too fast but hopefully we make some good memories.  Melissa will be staying with us here for the summer.  I'm looking forward to getting to know her better and spending time with her.  It will be a change for all of us, but I think it will be fun.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WE are all excited to come also.
It will be a big change for Melissa to say with you for us too, but I know it will be good for her.
Thanks for all you are doing!
Love,
Dad