Pages

Monday, January 16, 2017

January 16

We had a pretty low key week last week.  With the snow, Kirk's work was cancelled Monday morning and Tuesday afternoon.  He was off Wednesday.  Monday we cleaned up the garage a bit and I went to Costco in the afternoon.

Tuesday I played in the snow with Cade in the morning.  It was really fun.  He went out to play and I was up changing the laundry and was going to take a shower.  I heard him laughing outside.  He was just jumping in the snow and having a great time.  I jumped on the opportunity and went out with him for about 45 min.  We invited Cami to come out several times, but she did not want to.  We built a snow fort.  We did a movie night at home that evening and watched the Princess and the Frog.  Cade sat on Kirk's lap the whole time.  Cami and Ellie ran/danced around during most of the songs.  Ellie sat on my lap for about 30 minutes and cuddled.  She doesn't do that very often and it was fun.

Wednesday we decided to get our dental work caught up.  We took Ellie to Scott and Kara's house and the other two with us to the Kennewick office.  Kirk cleaned my teeth.  We got him some lunch and then I left him there and went to pick up Ellie and take the kids home.  Kirk got 3 fillings done and caught up on some other work.  We had our friends watch the kids later for our date night swap.  We went to Texas Roadhouse and had a great dinner.   It was a fun, relaxing day.

We were home all day Thursday, except when I took dinner to a friend who was sick.  I don't really remember what we did.

Friday both kids had preschool--Finally!  I was able to get some computer work done at home while Ellie slept and then we went to Walmart, picked up Cami and went to Yokes before getting Cade.  It worked out really well.  Kirk came home kind of late that night and had a really bad head ache.  I put the kids to bed and went to get him some medicine and we watched Hawaii 5-0.  Saturday was super cold and still snowy.  We cleaned the church in the morning.  Kirk went to work and I watched my friends' kids while they went car shopping.  The kids were here about 3 hours, but it worked out great.  They all played together really well.  I took Cade to the Richland high school basketball game in the afternoon.  He is really liking basketball and football right now.  We were going to stop and get root beer floats on the way home, but our coupon didn't work.  It made me frustrated so we left, stopped at Yokes and bought root beer and ice cream.  We went home and made them with Kirk and Cami.  Ellie had some ice cream and it was really funny.  She made kind of a sour face when I stuck it in her mouth and then got a big smile and wanted more and more.  As I put each bite in her mouth, she wasn't too sure about it, but then loved it.

Sunday was our first day of one o'clock church for the year.  Ellie has had a cold and didn't sleep like I was hoping in the morning.  Kirk wasn't feel well either, so he took her home after sacrament meeting.

We had a good week.  We have a few more things planned this week, but it should all turn out good too.

No comments: