Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

There's No Place Like Home

Here's myfavorite 5 objects in my apartment. (Really I'm just experimenting with this blog thing, but you may be interested in where I live anyway.)


#1 Dining table. Kirk and I built and designed this table last summer. It is the perfect size for the two of us and expands to twice the size when we have extras!





#2 My bed. It is so comfortable! We got a 4" memory foam Costco mattress topper and it is awesome!!









#3 New plants--Last week I bought a couple of plants off people who were moving out of our complex. They're fun and really fill up empty corners! Hopefully we'll be able to keep them alive. We also have a lemon tree, but we're still waiting for the fruit.












#4 Curtains. I found a picture I liked and after playing around with tape measures and fabric, I made these curtains for our 2 front windows.






#5 My clock. It's just like one at my parent's house and makes it sound and look like home.

So even though we live in crazy L.A. and can hear cars 110% of the time, we have an awesome apartment! We're only 3 miles from the beach and have great weather too!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I'm so excited to see pictures and read your blog posts. I will definitely be adding you to my Google Reader.

I really like the pictures of your apartment. Your table looks awesome! I am also so impressed with the curtains. Nice work!

Steffy said...

That table is so cool! I wish that I could make stuff like that! You guys are so cute together!

Ryan and Emily said...

Your blog is so cute! It will definitely give you something to keep you busy! Have fun!