Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2008

New Resolutions

After listening to general conference, I have some new goals to work on.

From President Uchtdorf's talk: Create things and take joy in making something new. Whether it's a memory, a smile or a new card, enjoy it.

From President Monson's talk: Make sure that people in your life know that you love them. Take joy in the journey (like being in dental school) and not just look forward to the end of the tunnel.

From Elder Bednar: Make my prayers more meaningful by praying always and counseling with the Lord in "all my doings"

and from Elder Wirthlin: Remember to laugh, seek for eternal meanings, understand principle of compensation and put our trust in the Lord

I feel like I am just kind of drifting along, living minute by minute and trying to get things like laundry done after getting home from a long drive after a long day at work. I enjoy my job, and we're enjoying California, but I definitely am looking forward to someday when we live in a house and have kids and Kirk makes money. I need to remember why things are happening and trust in the Lord that He will guide us and make us happy. My goal is to really enjoy each day, and not just try to get through to the weekend.
I hope you all enjoyed conference too. I look forward to it each time. I think that it is really a blessing for us.

5 comments:

Meg said...

Hi Cheryl! I don't know if you remember me, but I found your blog through a web of other people's blogs and thought I would say hi! You guys look very happy and your hubby is a cutie! How long have you been married? How fun that you live in California, and congrats on being a high school teacher! That is awesome! Pop over to my blog when you get the chance and see how I'm doing and I'd love to hear from you! Much love!

Steffy said...

Hurray for such cool goals! You can do it!

Norris Fam said...

I'm still waiting for the day that we have a house and Dan makes money :)

Jill said...

Don't you just love conference? Thanks for sharing your insights.

The Stells! said...

Hey!! i found your blog through blog stalking! :) how are you?? You look like your doing great!! hope all is well!