Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Mission call, Blowdryer and Catholics

First, and most important, my brother Alan got his mission call. He is going to Baton Rouge, Louisiana and leaves in January. I can't believe how old he is. I think that he is going to be a great missionary though! He is really excited. He should have fun during hurricane season!

Second, I have had the same blowdryer for 10 years. I love it too. It blows harder on the high setting than any other one I've used. Anyway, it has slowly been dying for the last few months and I finally went and bought another one. I know that this is random, but I think that 10 years is a long time for one blowdryer.

and third, I got back last night from Pismo Beach. It is a gorgeous costal town about 3 hours north of LA. I went up for 4 days with the senior girls as a chaperone for their retreat. I was able to get to know the girls a lot better. It was spriritual retreat and there was a lot of sharing life stories and stuff. I also learned a lot about the Catholic church. I have a lot of respect for them. They are really good people, and I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to share this retreat with the girls.
Here are some pictures from the hotel website. (I know, I should have brought my camera). I got my own room with a king sizez bed and an ocean view. Too bad Kirk wasn't there to enjoy the trip with me.

6 comments:

Steffy said...

I can't believe your brother is old enough to go on a mission! That's really really weird! Congrats though!

Breanne Talbot said...

Hooray for missionaries! Tell him congrats for me. Remember how I always teased him that I would marry him one day? Anyway, I got my blog started. Check it out!
breanneanderic.blogspot.com

Jill said...

Congrats, Alan - we are so happy for you! And Cheryl, it sounds like your retreat was so neat. I'm glad you had a good time!

Norris Fam said...

The title of that blog totally cracked me up :)

The Burnetts said...

10 years is a really long time for a blowdryer! I'll have to find out what kind it is so I can buy that brand when mine dies next :) Thanks for the fun card night - I'm looking forward to the next one!

McRachie said...

Yay for Alan! I run into him all the time at work, and every time I think: "Holy Smokes! You're supposed to be 10! You are giant!" Hooray for missions!