Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Fish Story

Isn't Povo Canyon beautiful!


I love Utah this time of year! Kirk and I were able to go fishing on the Provo river last week. On Thanksgiving morning, we had a great time. We saw about a dozen wild turkeys flying over the river which was very festive. We went to our favorite November spot and caught a bunch of big fish. The trout we catch in California are about 5-6 inches long. The ones we caught in Provo were 16-18 inches long. It was really fun. About half way through the morning, I hooked in to something big. Kirk helped me out and netted the fish. It turned out to be a 24 inch trout! We were so excited. Kirk said he's never seen a fish that big on the Provo, and he's caught a lot of fish there (believe me on this one). Anyway, we got a few pictures and let it go. The next morning we went out again to the same spot. My first cast I hooked into something big again, and it turned out to be the same fish! He must have been really hungry--that's probably why he got so big. We were excited because the pictures from Thursday didn't turn out--they were all blurry. We got some better ones on Friday. We needed my cousin Carrie there to help out :). Anyway, here is my giant Thanksgiving fish.

9 comments:

Mangum Menagerie said...

Ok, that thing is huge. Great job on the catch. He must have put up a big fight. Great to see you over Thanksgiving. We love you.

Darlene said...

You are amazing.

Patti said...

You forgot your cousin KayLynn. She is amazing at photography also, but she does hate eating fish. Just giving you a hard time.

Breanne Talbot said...

That fish is ginormous! Did you catch that thing with your fly rod? How in the world do you pull a fish that big in with such a bendy fishing pole? You are amazing! I hope to see ya over Christmas (I guess more like New Years)

Norris Fam said...

You don't need me that picture is awesome! I can't believe he let you have him twice in a row!

Meg said...

I am super impressed...:)

Diane said...

Are you sure this is not really just a fish story??? Hee Hee When are you guys going to come visit us. (don't worry I plan on asking that everytime I post a comment) We will be in CA after Christmas but I am assuming that you will not be there.

Jill said...

That is one huge trout! I'm glad you had such a fun time fishing!

KayLynn said...

Holy Moly! That is a giant fish!! And a giant snowman since I can actually leave a comment. It was great to see you! Happy birthday.