I went to the airport yesterday to fly home for Thanksgiving. We bought the tickets, courtesy of my mother's credit card, in July, so I've been looking forward to this for a long time. I got to the airport at 5:00 am for a 6:10 flight. I waited in line (there really shouldn't be lines at 5:00 am), and finally got to check in my luggage. So, I type in my confirmation number, and the computer told me that I couldn't check in at this time. I thought that was strange, but then I looked at my printed out confirmation. It said that my flight was on November 17--not the 24th like I thought it was. I totally thought that I had the right day. It never crossed my mind to double check the date--just the times. When we bought the tickets, we scheduled them for the wrong week! So here I was at LAX with expired plane reservations. Needless to say, I was pretty upset. I waited in another line and talked to an agent. $126 later, he was able to get me on a 7:10 flight to Salt Lake City. However, instead of a direct flight, this one stopped in Reno then Boise before continuing to Salt Lake. Finally, after I had my boarding pass and luggage checked in, I went to the security line. It was out the door and down the sidewalk. I figured it would take a while, so I decided to change Kirk's ticket while I waited. This was also kinda nuts. I was still flustered from my ticket being messed up, but was able to get Kirk a flight at the time we planned. I was trying to balance my coat, phone, boarding pass and get out my credit card and ended up dropping my driver license in my purse just before I got to the front of the line. I had to set down the phone (with the Southwest lady on the line) and dig through my purse to find stuff. Finally I made it through and got on the flight and made it home.
This doesn't seem nearly as dramatic now that I'm writing it. It is just one of those things that is crazy at the time, but it all works out. After I was all checked and waiting for my flight to board, Kirk called me up. He told me to not worry about the money and the timing and stuff. He said he was glad that I did this because not he has something to tease me about for the rest of our lives.
Moral of the story: make sure that you make flight reservations for the right day.
Volleyball
6 years ago

6 comments:
Sorry Cheryl, you can't have blonde moments. It just isn't possible. You can have redhead moments, but not blonde ones. I'm glad you are home and Jenni, Abbi, Ian, and I are all happy to see you two this weekend. See you soon!
Brad
Any of us who have traveled a lot can feel bad for you! It is such a crazy, stressful mess every time it seems. Just be glad you were alone and didn't have any little ones toddling behind you. I remember many a' trip from Iowa to Utah and back that I ended up with a baby in my arms and my hubby on the pay phone with tears rolling down my face. Something about airports makes us crazy...I'm just glad you made it home and that they didn't tell you that you were OUT O' LUCK! Have a great Thanksgiving!
I'm glad that you got home okay! I guess it's one of those things you can look back and really laugh about later- but don't seem that funny at the moment. Have a good Thanksgiving!
luvs!
That would stress me out so bad! I'm glad that you got to Utah okay!
Don't even worry about that, I actually forgot to bring ANY ID with me when we flew to Vegas for Thanksgiving, I got on the flight with my temple reccommend and a little bit of flattery on Ben's part! I had to go through tons of extra security, including a phone call to Washington and a breathalizer test! :)
THELMA!!! How the heck are you? This is Helga, okay, it's really Chelsee. But you've gotta remember the good ol' days when our names were different. So, you should check out my blog and stay in touch. http://bradjensenfamily.blogspot.com
Post a Comment