I'm here at home with the computer--that's unusual, so I thought I'd post some stuff that's been going on.
I found out I have plantar fasciitis in my right foot. That means the tissue that connects the heel to the toes is inflamed. Basically, it hurts most of the time, but especially when I stand/walk a lot or wear shoes with bad support. It can last for a long time (years) if you don't take care of it. So I've been wearing athletic shoes every day and trying to take it easy on weekends and evenings and not walk much. I don't sit very much during the day so hopefully I can at night. I hope to get rid of it within a few months.
Kirk and I found a great bike ride here that we can do from our house. It avoids a lot of busy roads. The last 5 miles are up a canyon road that winds through giant houses with really pretty landscaping. We did it on Martin Luther King day, and I am planning on doing it again sometime soon. It was pretty and really nice to feel like we got out of the city for a little while. Luckily I can still bike with my hurt foot. Everytime I get on my road bike, I remember how much I love it!

I have a week off in April for spring break. Kirk is going to be in school, and I want to do something fun or go somewhere. Any ideas?
I found out I have plantar fasciitis in my right foot. That means the tissue that connects the heel to the toes is inflamed. Basically, it hurts most of the time, but especially when I stand/walk a lot or wear shoes with bad support. It can last for a long time (years) if you don't take care of it. So I've been wearing athletic shoes every day and trying to take it easy on weekends and evenings and not walk much. I don't sit very much during the day so hopefully I can at night. I hope to get rid of it within a few months.
Kirk and I found a great bike ride here that we can do from our house. It avoids a lot of busy roads. The last 5 miles are up a canyon road that winds through giant houses with really pretty landscaping. We did it on Martin Luther King day, and I am planning on doing it again sometime soon. It was pretty and really nice to feel like we got out of the city for a little while. Luckily I can still bike with my hurt foot. Everytime I get on my road bike, I remember how much I love it!

I have a week off in April for spring break. Kirk is going to be in school, and I want to do something fun or go somewhere. Any ideas?

7 comments:
My Friends daughter just had that same thing with her daughters feet. Wierd.
That looks like a very pretty ride.
When is your break?
:( I hope that your feet feel better soon! Good luck.
As far as April is concerned...you should go see Diane. That is where I went last Spring Break and I had a blast. Who knows...I might meet ya there!
Ick! I'm sorry about your feet! (Remember when you had bone spurs and you told everyone that you broke your foot on the way to take a final?)
I think you should go to Europe for spring break!
I totally agree with Carrie. I think you should come and visit me. I have found some wonderful bike trails... NO traffic and great for your bikes. I know the girls would love to see you? When in April is it? I am meeting up with Dar, Danelle and Patti for Dar's 40th birthday maybe I could bribe you to come stay with my kids for a couple of days.
I'm glad you've been taking it easy on your foot and I hope it feels better soon! I'm also glad you enjoyed a good bike ride :)
Hey, where did you bike? I'm impressed you found somewhere around the village! Take care of your foot!
Post a Comment