The other day I was cooking dinner and looked down to see a mouse run across our kitchen and under the stove. Kirk saw it too and we blocked off the kitchen and pulled the stove away from the wall in an effort to catch it. No luck. But, we did notice a small space behind a cupboard that we thought the mouse had crawled into. So, I finished cooking and we ate, then I headed off to the store to buy some mouse traps. I came back and we set it and pushed it behind the stove, which was still away from the wall. Our kitchen isn't that big, and this made it much smaller.
Later, I was riding my bike and watching discovery channel when I saw the mouse dart out from behind our entertainment center in the living room. He saw me and went right back behind it. That was the end of my ride. I called for Kirk and we blocked off the entertainment center so the mouse couldn't leave. We decided to pull out one side of the entertainment center and so it would be trapped and could only run out one direction. The problem is though that it is a cheap cabinet that we got for free from some friends who moved out of our ward last year. So in order to move it we had to pretty much empty it out. The bottom part is full of food storage (kinda our pantry) and Kirk lifted our TV out of the top. We slid one side away from the wall and shined a flashlight right at the mouse! Kirk went to one side and scared it and it ran towards me and the path we made for it. After running back and forth a few times it finally came out and I trapped it under a bowl. We slid some cardboard under the bowl and Kirk took it outside and let it go by the dumpster. I looked around our living room and just saw a giant mess. We had food every where, along with magzines, a TV, my bike etc. It remined me of a movie I saw a long time ago where this guy rips apart his whole house looking for a mouse.
My sister Melissa is visiting this week. We're planning on going to Legoland with Elaine and her kids (my cousins), to Disneyland, and to the Long Beach Aquarium. I'm excited that she is here to keep me busy during Kirk's finals week.
Here's some pictures from fishing last weekend. Kirk was fishing and I was reading and taking pictures of the sailboats coming in and the sunset. It was a nice, relaxing evening. 


7 comments:
I hate mice! You have secured your place in heaven by letting that one live :)
Oh my gosh!!! That would freak me out! Glad you guys got it out of the house! And, don't worry, my house pretty much looks like that all the time :) I have two mice named Tay and Luke that I chase around all day.
I am so proud of you not about the mouse but about your food storage. We only have about 24% in our ward who have any food storage. Thanks for the laugh.
Generally it isn't mouse but MICE. I would still set your traps to be safe. Thanks for the laugh anyway.
Oh my gosh I wold have freaked out and just let Austin deal with it! Glad you caught it!
I would have taken that opportunity to TOTALLY rearrange my living room and any other room I got the notion to. I figure (just ask Diane) that if an entertainment center is nice and empty you might as well move it around somewhere :)
I'm with my mom...I'd set traps for any future invaders!
I'm glad you caught the mouse - what a funny story!
Post a Comment