Usually we catch fish. After we've been fishing a while I will start to get bored and look for dolphins and sea lions. Eventually Kirk will ask how long I want to stay and I'll tell him "I'm ready when you are," which really means, "I'm ready to go home, but I know you're not (and won't be for a couple of hours), but can we compromise" then he'll say how about "10 more minutes." We really have this conversation almost every time we go out. I got lucky this time and caught one right after we decided "10 more minutes."
Kirk spent the last week up in Canada with all the Morris guys fishing for Walleye and Northern Pike. (really, in case you haven't noticed, this guy is addicted to fishing. He's also been on a break from school so he tried to get in as much as possible) Here are some pictures from the trip. Kirk said his favorite fish was this small-mouthed bass. 
Here's the whole group. Grandpa, Uncle Jack, Uncle Steve, 2 cousins, Scott (brother) and Dad. They ate a lot of fish that week. Kirk had a great time and I'm glad he could go, even though I missed him like crazy at home. I got to go visit family in Orange county which was also really fun. 

4 comments:
Sleeping in on Saturday mornings is over-rated anyway!
Way to be such a supportive wife! I'm so glad that you decided a long time ago to enjoy fishing so that you and the captain could spend all that time together rather than apart!
Sounds like a great fishing trip. Do you ever eat the fish you catch in the ocean? Some of the California ocean water I have seen would make me nervous. Dad
You're a good wifey Cheryl :)
Post a Comment