Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Herb Garden

For my birthday I got an herb growing kit. I planted the seeds after we got home from Utah. It included seeds for basil, thyme, chives, parsley and cilantro. Here is what it looked like right away. After a week, the basil started growing, with the others popping up soon afterward.
Now I have plants 1-2 inches tall in each pot. They didn't grow very much last week because we had lots of rain and not much sunshine, but I think that they will grow a lot this week to make up for it. I can't wait to cook with my own herbs! The only problem is I don't use any of these regularly. I'm definitely going to learn!

7 comments:

Kara M. said...

Ohhh That sounds like fun! I would go crazy with my own cilantro plant! I love that stuff!

Steffy said...

They are growing so beautifully! I'm very jealous of your plants!

Elise and Trevor said...

I have a basil plant that is growing like crazy, but I don't use it much. If you find some good recipes that use it, I would love it if you would send them my way.

The Burnetts said...

I have a good one for basil...I'll email it to you :) (and possibly stop by to steal some basil from you.)

Norris Fam said...

I can smell the homemade spaghetti sauce cooking now!!!

Lindsey said...

I am glad that I got to see it on real live camera! That is cool. I am glad that they are all growing. Good luck using it all :)

Breanne Talbot said...

The basil and thyme will be wonderful! It makes such a difference to have fresh herbs in your food- it really is amazing the difference it makes. Way to go!