Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

1 Month

Cade is now 1 month old! He is getting bigger and more interactive each day. He has started rolling over from his stomach to his back. I don't think he really intends on doing it, but he just pushes up really high on his hands and kind of flips over! he is really good at holding his head up and it is flopping over less and less. He has also started smiling and following us with his eyes a lot more. He loves to be outside and we go for walks almost every day--the weather has finally started cooling off. He also loves baths (after screaming his head off through the first one). He will lay on his chair and let us pour water over him. We took him to church (stake conference) last week. Kirk held him for a while and then he fell asleep and slept the rest of the meeting and the drive home. I know that won't last, but I love it now. He loves his daddy too. Kirk is great at getting him to stop crying and smile and totally loves holding the little guy. Cade's baby achne has stared to go away (hopefully it is all gone soon) and his hair has also started to fall out (so sad!) Typically he eats about every 3-3.5 hours and has been getting up twice at night to eat. Last night though, he only woke up once. I am hoping it is the start of a new habit.

We have had lots of visitors this month and it has been so fun! First, my sister Lindsey and nephew Daniel came for 10 days. They overlapped 2 days with my mom who was here for a week. A couple days after she left, Kirk's mom came to see her only grandchild. All of them spoiled Cade (and us) and we are sad to see them go.
Cade and I are heading to Utah for Alan's wedding the middle of October and we are looking forward to seeing the rest of the family.

My mom and Cade






























Me and my baby























Family picture















Bath time!

















My mom and Daniel. Daniel loved the baby. Baby is one of the few words he says all of the time. He shared his toys and stuck the binky in his mouth. He was very concerned when Cade would cry and also like to "hold" the baby. It's a good thing because he is going to have a baby at his house in a couple months.

9 comments:

Mangum Menagerie said...

I can't believe he is already a month. Looks like fun

Breanne Talbot said...

I know most newborns just look kind of the same, but I must say that I think Cade really looks a lot like Kirk. Hooray for you guys!

Katie said...

How fun. He's such a cute little guy. Isn't it so fun to watch them change and grow?

Katie said...

What a cutie! He looks so big compared to Braden. Any idea how much he weighs now?

Lindsey said...

I LOVE the picture of you with him, that is SO cute!

Kelli said...

I haven't gotten the chance to say congrats yet, so Congrats! He sure is a cute little guy, I am glad to hear he is being a good baby for you!

Luna said...

So Sweet! Sounds like things are going GREAT!

clara said...

Wow. Cade sounds like the perfect baby! Evelyn still hasn't figured out how to roll from her tummy to her back because she hates being on her tummy. How funny! Cade is super cute!

Norris Fam said...

I love that last picture with your mom...what a sweet grandma (who looks WAY too young to be a grandma)!