Yesterday morning I may have been boiling water to make syrup. And I may have looked at it and see a fire under the (electric) burner. It may have been because I don't clean my stove often enough. I may have not known what to do and turned on the vent and opened the door instead of trying to put the fire out. My husband may have come right over and just blown it out.
Luckily he thinks more clearly than I do. Luckily there is not smoke alarm in the kitchen (don't ask me why) and so it didn't go off.
Why is it that smoke alarms go off when you make toast but not when there are flames in your kitchen?
This is the second fire we've had in our kitchen in the last month. My sister was visiting and wanted to use this cool bag she made at an enrichment activity that lets you cook potatoes in the microwave and they are supposed to turn out really good. So she tried it and when she pulled the bag out of the microwave, it have started on fire. . . she's like me and ran outside with the bag instead of just putting it out with water in the sink.
Luckily no one was harmed in either fire.
Volleyball
6 years ago

4 comments:
that's funny, I guess we both need to do better :)
Haha, that is so funny! You should ask Lindsey Robb Guymon about the time we had some yummy burnt toast one day...ya, smoke EVERYWHERE, we had to leave our apartment door and windows open for days...
I can't believe that. I would have panic too. Hope you are doing well other wise.
I'm glad you didn't burn your whole house down! And for the record...my baked potato bag started on fire too!!
Post a Comment