Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

7 months




Cade made it to 7 months!  For some reason, I think that 7 months is a lot older than 6 months.  Since I don't keep a journal (for me or him) I've got to post at least once a month to keep track of his progress, so here it goes! 

Physical changes--Cade is still growing and officially in all 12 month clothes.  We went to Kohl's last week and bought a bunch of 12 and 18 month summer clothes for him.  He also got 2 teeth this month. 

You can see his teeth in this one!
  Mobility--The day he hit 6 months, Cade started rolling over to his tummy.  Now he rolls all over.  On our bed yesterday, he rolled 360 degrees 3 times in a row.  He moves all over his crib and I don't know how or where he'll end up sleeping.  I think he prefers his side to sleep on.  He get up on his hands and knees all of the time and rocks back and forth, but doesn't have the coordination to crawl.  When he can't crawl, he gets frustrated and falls down to his stomach and kicks the air really hard.  He also likes to lay on his back and kick the floor.  He is just starting to move from sitting to laying.

Bites, licks, and sucks everything he touches!
Eating--Cade is still nursing 4 times a day.  I've also been switching out the last one for a bottle each night before bed. This is as much for me as him, so someone else can put him to bed when I need it.  He eats 3 "meals" of solid food a day.  His menu has expanded quite a bit including chicken, yogurt, fruits, veggies, oatmeal and rice cereal.  He really likes the solid foods and will eat as much as I give him.  I think his favorite foods are carrots and pears.  I've been making all of his food.  It doesn't take too long and I can make a lot all at the same time.  He hasn't graduated to finger foods yet, but he will soon.

Sleeping--Cade wakes up each morning between 5:30 and 7:00.  I think he wants to keep me on my toes, because it is constantly changing.  He still takes 3 naps a day (2 @ 1.5-2 hr and 1 @ 45 min) and is up for about 2 hours between each one.  He goes to bed at 7 each night and sleeps all night until about 6 am!


Got the whole box of toys!
Play--Wow, he loves to play!  We sing songs, wrestle, move trains around and throw blankets on his head.  We go outside for walks at least once a day (loving the weather right now!) and Cade likes to look at anything that moves:  cars, people, water fountains, other strollers.  Sometimes we take a blanket and go sit outside and watch cars and trucks go by.  There is a warehouse really close and we get a lot of semi trucks driving past on the road.  Not quite my dream way to spend the afternoon, but Cade likes it!
     He is super curious and tries to grab anything within reach.  Everything he touches goes right into his mouth.  Favorite things to grab: Kirk's hat, anyone's shoes, cell phones and my water bottle. He is always looking around and wants to be in the middle of the action. 

Playing in the sink--I was washing my hands and he kept diving for the water.  This one's for Carrie
      Cade is fine to play on his own on the floor for 10 or 15 minutes as long as I am still in the room.  If I leave for long, he gets upset.  He is starting to develop stranger anxiety too and will sometimes cry when other people hold him and he can't see Kirk or me. I have started going to activities with our mother's group like park day and music makers.  I'm hoping as he gets around more people, he will be ok with them.  He really likes music makers and will "sing" and "dance" with all the other kids. 

Me and my baby!
 Cade is really loud too!  He loves to yell and grunt and talk.  Sometimes it is hard for Kirk and I to have a conversation because he interrupts yelling over and over.  He doesn't cry often, just when he is really tired, gets left alone or gets strapped into his car seat.
 
Enjoying the stroller on one of our walks
That's our guy.  He is fun to have and I can't wait to see what the coming days, weeks and years bring!

5 comments:

Breanne Talbot said...

You guys are so cute! I'm glad you are having so much fun with your little guy!

Norris Fam said...

If only Avery was in the other side of the sink they could have TONS of fun!!

thailiz said...

He's so big and darling! 6-9 months is my FAVORITE age of babies - enjoy!

The Thompson Family said...

what a cutie and you look great Cheryl! I can't believe he is 7 months already.

KayLynn said...

They get so big so fast! He is such a cutie. I love the giggle, but not yet defiant stage. They are so loveable.