We had a family fishing outing last weekend. Kirk found a river about 40 minute away that currently has a ton of bass in it. We decided that it was too good to pass up. We let Cade take his morning nap then packed up and headed out to the river. We put Cade in the baby backpack, fished for a while and caught several white bass.
 |
| One of my new favorite pictures. Two happy guys. |
Cade started getting tired, so we headed back to the car and drove a bit down a dirt road. We had an ingenious idea of bringing the mat from the pack-n-play and put it in the trunk of our matrix. I stayed with Cade as he slept in the car and Kirk went and fished another part of the river.
 |
| Alligator Gar that Kirk caught. That's one ugly fish! |
After about an hour, we switched and I fished a small pond while Kirk sat with Cade until he woke up. The pond had a ton of baby fish in it. Kirk caught 2 in one cast!
We went back to the river we started at and caught a bunch more fish. It was a beautiful day and we all enjoyed being outside.
 |
| My biggest bass (See Kirk's shadow on the ground?) |
It was our first time using the baby backpack we got for Christmas and Cade thought it was great. I am sure that pack will be getting a lot more use in the future. This weekend is supposed to be rainy and Kirk is on call next week. I am glad that we took advantage of the time we had.
Side Note:
Cade was sitting in his swing in the living room the other day. I was washing my hands in the kitchen. He turned around to see me and his head was hanging out over the seat of the swing. He started hitting his head on the bar of the swing each time it went back and forth. I guess he didn't know what was going on because he didn't move his head, he just started crying. I grabbed a towel to dry my hands and went to rescue him. I thought it was pretty funny though. Definitely no sustained injuries.
1 comment:
I LOVE the picture of Cade and Kirk, that is super cute. It looks like fun. I sure wish it was warmer here!
Post a Comment