Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Stuff going on here. . .

Last weekend we went to the Spring River in Arkansas.  It is about 3 hours away and since fishing is the best early morning, we decided to leave Friday night and get a motel, thinking Cade would sleep most of the way there.  We were wrong.  Cade stayed awake the whole drive and got really excited when we got there about 8:45.  Normally he goes to bed at 7:00.  He was running around and jumping on the bed.  We let him play for a bit and then tried to put him to bed and he just started screaming.  He would calm down for me or Kirk so we finally just put him him in bed to cry it out.  20 minutes later, he wasn't any calmer, so I put him back in the car and started driving.  He was dead out within 5 minutes (about 10:00!)  Next time, we sleep at home and leave early in the morning. 

We had a fun day fishing.  Kirk put Cade on his back for a couple hours in the morning and we both fished.  Then Cade and I dropped Kirk off with the kayak to let him float the river for a few hours.  We went to the park and then Cade got a much-needed nap in the car.  Kirk had a great float and caught a bunch of fish including trout, small-mouth and large-mouth bass.  We met up with him and ate some food then I took the kayak out for a bit and caught some fish.  It was really relaxing to be out and not have to think about Cade at all. Kirk told me not to hurry back, and I didn't.  It was starting to get dark so I went back and we packed up and headed home.  Unfortuately we also noticed our camera was sitting in an inch of water.  We had it in ziploc bags, but apparently they leaked.  The SD card was ok, but we are now looking around for a new camera.  Cade slept the whole way this time, even though a way-too-long stop at subway and getting gas.  It was a fun trip. Hopefully we'll make it back up there once or twice more. 
Me fishing right after I dropped a fish.  Promise, I did catch it!

Kirk's Small mouth bass.  He was super excited.  Too bad nobody was around to take a picture with him and the fish.



We haven't had too much going on lately.  Kirk is playing softball on Tuesday evenings.  He plays on a city league team with a guy in the ward and loves it.  There was a stake tournament and Cade and I went to watch that one Saturday morning.  Cade had a blast digging in the mud and playing with sticks.  Good thing we have a washer! 
Kirk--right before he hit a home run!

Lovin' the mud!

 
Cade and I go to the park and music makers during the week.  Last week we hit up the zoo on the last warm day.  He had two favorite parts:  climbing up and down the benches by the seals and watching a chicken that wasn't in a cage dig in the dirt.  Good thing we went to the zoo :). 

I have been feeling much better and am so grateful for that.  I have to eat every 2 hrs or so, but usually only feel sick in the morning now.  I haven't even been napping as much.  

Cade woke up a couple of times last night, whimpering.  I thought he was probably cold and so I coverered him again and went back to bed.  The second time he woke up, I thought to myself that it did feel pretty cold so maybe I should turn up the heat to keep him warm.  I looked at our thermastat and someone (probably under 3 feet tall) had changed it to be set at 54 instead of 68.  We were down to 65.  No wonder he was a little chilly.  I turned it back to normal and we all slept much better the rest of the night. 

No comments: