Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Cami at 13 months




  • Cami is truly growing up.  She walks everywhere now and can even toddle with shoes on in the grass!  She loves to pick up things and carry them around.  Then she drops it when she finds something better, leaving a trail all over.  Some of her favorites are shoes and balls. 
  • Cami loves to get her shoes and carry them over to me.  She sits down and tries to put them on.  She knows that shoes means that she gets to go outside. 
  • Cami is pretty shy.  If someone says hi to her she runs back to me and smiles at them.  She does not like me to leave her.  Sometimes she is even upset when I leave her with Kirk. 
  • One night Cami was up later than Cade.  Kirk and I were playing with her and she kept falling on the floor and laughing if we got close to her.  She is so cute!
  • Cami likes to do the actions for Wheels on the Bus.  She also bounces up and down when Cade sings "bumping up and down in my little red wagon" and "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam." She likes to hold hands with Cade and play "Ring around the Rosy" and falls down really early. 
  • Cami loves to eat oranges.  She will eat a whole orange by herself.  She gets mad if I try to give her something else.  Today I had her orange pieces all cut and in a bowl on the table.  I was rinsing her tray off and she grabbed the bowl and sat down and started eating them. 
  • Cami loves oranges but will eat anything I give her.  She also likes toast, strawberries and cucumbers.  She usually picks out fruits and veggies first on her tray and then finishes with the meat or bread-type food. 
Loving a blue dum dum from the bank

  • Cami is drinking whole milk now instead of formula.  She still gets her 3 bottles a day. 
  • Cami has recently started climbing up to the second stair and looking out the window by our front door.  She was leaning on the window sill the other day and fell, crashing head first into the tile.  She got a good bruise on her head. 
  • I bought Cami some new church shoes.  We were a the mall and she was in the stroller.  When I put a pair of shoes on her feet she would wiggle it around and look at her shoes.  She got mad whenever I took them off.  If I let her hold shoes, she tried to put them on again.  She is definitely a girl!  I ended up buying a pair another day and when she saw them at home she was so excited and wanted to wear them.  If we asked her about her new shoes she stopped and grabbed them with a big smile. 
  • We were sitting by another baby in church and Cami was playing with stuff from their bag.  Another lady put a necklace on Cami and she sat up and admired her necklace and was so proud of herself. 
Talking to Grandma and Grandpa on Skype

So proud because she climbed up on the box by herself!

  • Cami does the signs for milk, eat, more and waves night-night and bye bye, and blows kisses.  If you ask her "are you going nuts?" she wiggles and kicks really hard.
  • She is starting to imitate noises.  She will copy the way that Cade yells.  She makes a vroom noise for vacuums and cars/trucks when she sees them in a picture or plays with them.   
  • We were playing outside and Cami had her little stroller.  She was pushing it around and gathering rocks in it.  I thought this may be a trait of her Grandpa Morris coming through. 
  • We moved Cami out of the pack-n-play and into a crib this month too.  She hardly noticed.  She is still taking 2 naps, but I don't think it will last much longer.  Most days she wakes up around 6:30, naps from 9:30-10:30 or 11, and again from about 1:30-3:00 then goes to bed around 7:15.  She has been having a harder time falling asleep at bedtime and for her second nap lately though, so I think she is changing. 
    Wearing pants on your head is fun to do!

1 comment:

Stormie said...

Love that last picture in the orange chair!