- has started saying words. She picks up on a new noise/sound every few days. Some that she regularly does are: hot, ball, boom, num-num, airplane noise, car noise, ah-oh, mama, dada, quack, meow, siren noise, and woof. She does signs for more, all gone, all done, milk and bye bye.
- is very dramatic and lets you know when you do something wrong. Kirk washed her face after breakfast one day and she cried and cried and wouldn't look at him for the next 10 minutes.
- is a mama's girl. She is totally fine with other people when I am not around, but acts really shy when I am. She did well with all the grandparents when we went to Utah.
- Gives high fives
- She was pulling all the wipes out of the box one day and I stopped her and tried to get her to help me put them back. She didn't like that and grabbed 2 and jerked away like "no way am I doing what you want!" I tried to get her to put them back again and she started crawling away. She is a stubborn, independent little girl!
- She throws little temper tantrums when she doesn't get what she wants and she will just lay on the floor and cry. She does not want to be held and it seems like I just have to let her get over it. Cade never did that. When he was mad at me, he wanted hugs and to just sit on my lap for a while. Life is hard for Cami if she has to put on a jacket or come inside when she isn't ready!
- When we go outside Cami likes to find dandelions. She knows to blow on the white ones and will blow even if all the seeds are gone. She also likes to bring me rocks. I shake them up in my hands and make her guess which hand it is in. Over and over.
- Cami will follow simple requests like bring me you shoes, let's go upstairs, Go get Cade, put the books away, go get in your high chair, etc.
- She loves dogs and had a great time playing with Skeeter while Kirk's parents were here.
- When we were at the Morris' house in Utah, Cami wasted no time cleaning out their pots and pans from the cupboard. She loves to pull out my pans and storage containers. Another favorite is the drawer we keep sippy cups in.
- She loves to run around and let Kirk chase her.
Cade:
- has really started liking golf. He will take his plastic clubs outside with Kirk and hit wiffle balls on the grass. Kirk tells him to swing the club up high and then come down and hit the ball. Cade says "up like this daddy, then bolf it!" He stops the club right before hitting the ball every time. One day I was out trying to hit balls and Cade was teaching me what to do. "Hold it up, Mommy, then bolf it!"
- Cade knows it is summer time and that the mower truck comes in the summer. Every night he asks me "what day is it when I wake up?" What day after that? and we go through each day until we get to Thursday, because that is mower day. Wednesday is not important. He only knows that day because the next day is Mower day. He loves to see the truck and the mowers and the blowers and the trimmers.
- Cade has gone through phases of how he says yes. His latest is "um, YES!"
- He likes to tell me when Cami is mad or crying.
- One day at lunch we were talking and he asked me what the vacuum's name was. I told him I didn't know and he informed me it is "vacuum Morris."
- He likes to quote books and read them.
- He can sing the ABC's and loves to sing popcorn popping and the sunbeam song too. He sings "blue jeans painted on tight" too, because daddy does. He really relates to music and calms down to primary songs really quickly. He loves to listen to new songs and learns them quickly. I sang the veggietales "Water buffalo song" once and he really liked that one and asked me to sing it over and over until he had it memorized. Luckily, it is a really short song.
- When we were in Colorado, Cade made sure I reminded Daddy about garbage day.
- He loves to dance and jumps up and down and runs in circles and marches around.
- One lunch time at Lindsey's house Cade was spitting at the table. I told him to stop and that it wasn't polite. So he started spitting and then saying please. At least he knows that please is polite!
- He had a lot of fun "building roads" on Lindsey's stairs with a toy roller.
- One day he had a rock and asked me what kind of rock it was. I told him it was a hard rock. He said "what kind of hard rock?" "A small, hard rock" "what kind of small, hard rock?" "A small, gray, hard rock." "What kind of small, hard, gray rock?" "I don't know!"
- He was playing with a bulldozer, dumping bean bags into a dump truck. The dump truck kept saying thank you to the bulldozer.
- His new favorite toy is a small fan. He calls it his trimmer and he goes around the edge of the carpet and trims. He also takes it and trims Santa's house, the garbageman's house and the mower guy's house, the zoo, Costco etc.
- One day he told me "my bum makes poopies, Mommy."
- He has a really good sense of direction. We were driving to Scott's house and Cami was upset. He said "don't worry, we're almost there." We were. We had just turned into Scott's neighborhood. Another day he said "Mommy, there's tractors coming up really soon." We were a couple of blocks away from a place where we see tractors all of the time.
- He knows all of the uppercase letter and about half of the lower case letters and sounds. Yesterday we were writing names of everyone in our family (which is pretty simple) Today I overheard Cade telling Kirk that his name has a "Da-da-da then an AAAH and then another da-da-da." He know the letters by the sounds they make, not by their names.
- LOVES tractors!

No comments:
Post a Comment