We all got home Monday night. Tuesday was Kirk's day off. The guys went golfing. Lisa and I stayed home with the kiddos. We went to Costco and restocked my pantry and played a lot. We just hung out and talked all afternoon while Cade and Cami were sleeping. Usually I get a lot of stuff done during that time, but that day it was nice to just sit and relax. We went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse.
| before dinner--everyone was happy Not sure what Cami and Cade are looking at |
Very good food, but next time I go there, it will be without kids! Cade threw up all over the floor soon after we sat down. We got him cleaned up, luckily I had some spare clothes in the car. Kirk and I had our hands full keeping Cade happy and Cami from throwing everything on the floor. We shared a bone-in steak and it was delicious though! While we were eating, Cami decided to fill her diaper and shirt with a not-so-good smelling substance. Needless to say, it could have been a more peaceful meal. We stayed up way too late talking about lots of stuff.
Wednesday was really busy. I went to a couple of stores in the morning and then we went to the John Deere dealership in Pasco. Cade and Cami both loved sitting on all the tractors and riding lawn mowers they had in the lot. We had one salesman come over and ask if we needed help. We told him we were there on a fieldtrip because Cade likes tractors so much. He didn't care at all and pointed us to another lot where the really big combines were. It was pretty fun.
That afternoon I exercised and made a quick trip to Winco with Tom and Connor. Then the Morris' left and went to dinner with some friends and I stayed home with Cade and Cami. I got them ready for bed and then left for Activity days while Grandma finished up bed time. That night I went to Applebee's with some girl friends, just for fun.
Thursday I woke up way too early when Cade was throwing up in bed around 4:00. I was getting him cleaned up and had to run to the bathroom myself. I got him back down pretty quickly, but was up for another hour and a half visiting the bathroom. I was grateful to have Lisa there in the morning. She made breakfast and Kirk's lunch and I took care of Cade. He seemed to be feeling much better. I went to Kirk's office later that morning to have some fillings done. It was great! I got laughing gas and got to watch Despicable Me while they worked on my teeth. Love the kid's office! Cade went to Ace with Grandpa to see some more mowers and trimmers, then to Costco again. We had a yummy dinner (I was doing much better by dinner) with Scott and Kara. We played a couple of card games that night.
Friday I was doing much better. Cade was so excited that Grandma and Grandpa were still here we sent him upstairs to wake Grandpa up and get him going. We went to Claybell park and played. Connor was a great uncle and pushed Cade and Cami in the swings for a long time. Cade got to mow outside--his current obsession. We had dinner at our house again and Scott and Kara came over.
Saturday I had Relief Society activity in the morning. Kirk and everyone washed the matrix and played with the kiddos. I got home in time for lunch and then we left Grandma with the sleeping babies and went to the driving range to hit some balls. Definitely something I need to work on if I want to go golfing! We came home and played outside for a bit and then picked up pizzas and went to Scott's to eat. Kirk and I left from there and went out for dessert and a little hike. We got a phone call from Cade wanting to tell us good night. He was quite upset (not normal). We finished and went home to help Lisa put the kiddos to bed and say good-bye. Turns out Cade still had an upset stomach and threw up again the next day.
It was super fun having them here. We love visitors, and grandparents are the best! Thanks for coming guys!

No comments:
Post a Comment