Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Cade in February

Cade hit 3 1/2 this month.  He is really growing up.  He loves to have his friends come play at our house.  He still loves playing with his ambulance and fireman.  He loves to dress up like a fireman, build castles out of blocks, draw with sidewalk chalk and ride his bike. 
Super-fireman-princess-saurus is playing doctor with Cami

He asked me to take a picture of his favorite toys
  • Cade took a book to bed one night and told me  "I want to look at it while I am sleeping."
  • Kirk was going to take Cade and Cami on a little walk to our neighborhood "trails."  As they were leaving, Cade was explaining to Kirk, "the problem is, you don't know where it is so me and Cami will have to show you."
  • He has expanded his prayers and comes up with some creative things.  "Bless our house that it won't fall down."  "bless the firetrucks and ambulances."
  • One day I found Cade closing the door to my closet.  Cami was inside and the light was off.  It is a sliding door and Cami can't open it.  I asked Cade what he was doing and he said he wanted to play by himself.  I told him he could play in his room, but we probably shouldn't lock Cami in the closet. 
  • Cade wanted some ice cream after dinner.  He was having a hard time eating his real food and told me his tummy was full.  I told him that he couldn't have any ice cream if his tummy was full.  He said that there was a part over here where the ice cream could go. 
  • They were doing play dough one morning while I took a shower.  I got out and everything was quiet.  I could hear them upstairs through the monitor, though, and no one was crying.  Pretty soon they came back down and Cade had helped Cami get a new shirt on because she had got play dough on her other shirt. 
  • Cade accidently spilled some sand on our tile one day.  I told him to keep the sand outside and I don't like messes inside.  A few minutes later, he came in and went and got a rag to clean up his mess.  I helped him get the broom and we cleaned it up.  He felt bad because I didn't like the mess he made.  He is a really sweet boy. 
  • When we were making Valentine's, he told me that he wanted to make one for me too, because he loved me.
  • One night I was getting dinner ready and he came in the kitchen and asked "mommy, what can I do to help you?"  I told him that was the best question and it made me happy. 
  • Cade sang me a song "one little monkey swinging in a tree, then the tree fell over because the delimber cut it down and the monkey fell out."  That's a silly song!
  • He is learning lots of new words and says phrases like "we have arrived" or "I know exactly how to fix that"
  • He can sound out short words (2-3 letters) and figure out what letters are in them. 
  • He can say 4 articles of faith:  1, 2, 3, and 8
  • He is working on writing his name and other letters.  We do this a lot with sidewalk chalk and it is easier than a pencil. 

No comments: