Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Cami in January

We got snow one day!  We had a great time playing it.  Cade would have stayed out forever, but Cami got cold.  We built a small "snowman" and a bunch of castles with a bucket. 

 We went on a family hike one Saturday.  Cade walked the whole way.  Cami was mostly in the backpack, but walked some too.


  • Cami made a gate in our cupboard door.  She likes to spread out her arms in doorways and say "Gate!" She usually doesn't move until I tickle her. 
  • We got to go to the fire station for a preschool field trip.  They got an alarm while we were there and we got to see the ambulance take off.  Cade thought it was amazing!  He didn't want to get inside the trucks, but he loved looking at them and seeing the firefighter all dressed up in his suit. Cami was a bit shy and wanted to be held, but she likes seeing everything. 
  • Loves dressing up in her fancy skirts and police clothes, or whatever she can find. 
  •  I blended up some dishsoap and water for them one day.  They went nuts and loved it. 


A few more things: 
  • We have {finally} had 1 no cry day in nursery and at a babysitters house.  yay!
  • Cami can count from 5-13.  She learned while playing hide and seek.  She knows what 1 and 2 mean.  She sings the ABC song like this:  ABCDEFG next time won't you sing with me. 
  • She likes to read books to Minnie.  She also takes Minnie for walks in the stroller and likes me and her to play doctor when Minnie gets sick. 
  • One Sunday we came home from church.  I took off Cami's dress and she started running around the living room yelling "run around naked" over and over again. 
  • She is very independent.  She does not like help getting into her high chair, doing up the buckles, or putting on the tray.  She climbs into the car seat by herself too.  If I help her too much with anything, she gets down and starts over and says "Annie do it."
  • She likes to pretend to be Santa.  We have a couple of Santa hats and she will put one on and sit in a chair and say "ho ho ho"  She will ask "want Christmas Mommy?" and what ever I say, she will walk around the room and then come back and pretend to give me something and say "there go."
  • Cami copies Cade in everything!  She says what he does, wants what he has and follows his example all the time. 
  • She is just learning consequences like "if you eat your chicken, you can have some chips."  Usually it back fires because she stuffs all of her food in her mouth, gags, and spits it out saying "too big!"  No kidding girl!
  • Cami has several nicknames like Cam-Cam, Camers, Camers bamers, and Cami loo loo.  One day I said "hey Cami loo loo and she said "hi Mommy loo loo"
  • She likes to give big hugs when she wakes up in the morning and always says "good night Mommy" when I put her to bed. 
  • She was having left over pancakes one morning and I wouldn't give her syrup because she refused to sit in her chair.  She climbed up in my chair and helped herself, dumping syrup all over the table.  That's the kind of thing Cade wouldn't have done.  He is much more cautious while Cami will go and get what she wants. 
  • We were getting ready to leave and all had our coats and shoes on.  Cami came running toward the door saying "Don't leave yet.  I coming, I coming!"
  • When she gets hungry she says "want little little snack."
  • She was insisting on filling up her sippy cup at the sink one day and putting her own lid on.  I helped her and put the lid on and she totally lost it.  She cried and screamed for about 5 minutes and I finally got her to tell me what was wrong.  She said "dump it out."  so we dumped out the water and refilled it.  She really wanted to put the lid on, so I let her and she ended up dumping water on her skirt.  This also made her mad, but then she let me help her and she got her drink.  Crazy girl. 
  • Cami just loves to laugh and have fun.  She loves to get chased around.  She loves to show you pictures she has colored.

No comments: