Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Cade and Cami in March

Cami:

  • I was leaving Walmart one day with Cami in the car (Cade was in preschool).  As I drove out of the parking lot, she said "Silly Mommy, don't go that way!"
  • Cami doesn't like it when she has a messy diaper.  She will tell me "I go poopies.  Can't sit down."
  • Cami gave her binky away to the recycling man so he could give it away to a baby.  We told her she was a big girl and didn't need it.  The first couple of days were a little rough, but she is doing great and has forgotten about it. 
  • Cami can be a bit picky.  I got her a drink on day and she told me "Don't like this water.  It's warm."
  • She likes to pick out her clothes and one day she told me "I didn't get socks this time."  She definitely speaks better than Cade did at 2.
  • She likes me to draw stick figures of our family at church and with sidewalk chalk.  She makes sure I never forget the eyes. 
  • We play with fisher price people and blocks and cars A LOT.  Cami's house always has "toys" for the little guys to play with. 
  • At the park, she likes to pick the big swing, not the baby swing.
  • We came home from a park one day and her jacket pockets were stuffed full of wood chips.
  • Cami poked me one day and said "Mommy, is that your bum?"
  • Cami had only sandals for a couple of weeks but always complained when she got a rock or sand in them.  I got her some tennis shoes with Ana and Elsa on them that light up.  She thinks they are just the best!

Cade
  • Cade asked me one day "When Cami is 3 and I am 4 and we both go to preschool and you go to the park, who will you play with?
  • Cade often says he wants to be a dentist when he grows up so he can go to work with Daddy.  One day he told me he wants to be a dentist who fixes airplanes. 
  • He likes to get sticks and hit trees and bushes outside.  He calls it chopping down trees.
  • One day he asked me if Cami was going to wear her "one-one"(tutu.)
  • Cade tracked mud through the living room one day, coming in the back door.  I showed him the mess and asked him to leave his shoes outside.  The next time he came in, he was very careful and left his shoes outside, asked me a question and went back out and put his shoes back on.  Then he came back in the house to ask me if his shoes were on the right feet.  More mud, but good intentions.
  • After dinner one day he decided he wanted to make his napkin into an umbrella.  He was asking me for a poky thing and this and that.  We ended up gluing the napkin to a paper plat and sticking a straw up through the middle.  He and Cami played with their umbrellas for a couple of days. 
  • We had fun with St. Patrick's day.  We made leprechaun hats, a rainbow with fruit loops, rainbow chains leading to a pot of gold etc. On St. Patrick's day we had green pancakes.  We found gold pieces in the living room and ate some asparagus and avocados for dinner. 
  • Cade and Kirk made a paper rocket ship one day.  Cade loved it!  They even wrote his name on it with glitter. 
  • Cade was tired and upset one day.  I was trying to help him carry something down the stairs and he didn't want help.  I said "I just don't want you to fall"  Cade:  "Why?   I want to fall."
  • Cade dumped some dirt just inside the door one day on accident.  I told him that wasn't good and to not do it again.  I was finishing up something and didn't clean it up right away.  Cade came in from outside and went and found a rag to clean it up.  I stopped what I was doing and helped him.  He doesn't like to disappoint me. 

No comments: