Monday we had Elaine come over and play while Cade was at preschool. She and Cami get along really well. I really needed to go grocery shopping, so we headed out at 7;45 to Winco and bought food then took Cade to preschool. Cami and Elaine played well enough to let me get the car unloaded and put the food away, with a few stories in between. We went to the dollar store in the afternoon so Cade could get his "numchucks." He was so excited and promised not to twirl them around and hit people. We also went to the furniture store to look at dining tables. I was prepared to order one, but they didn't have the finish I was going to choose in stock.
Tuesday we went back to the furniture store to order the table. I am really excited to have a large, nice table in our house. Then we went to music time at Gina's house. The color this month is orange--each kid is supposed to bring some thing orange for the color song. Cade refuses to bring anything that goes with the color. He brought his green numchucks. We went to the park for a few minutes afterward with Becky Bronner and Lauren Allen, but it was colder than I was expecting and we only stayed for about 40 minutes. Liam, Becky's son, and Cade get along really well. They are only 9 days apart and both like to fight with light sabers. We spent the rest of the day at home, playing and cleaning up. Kirk made it home by 5:00 and had dinner with us (that only happens a couple of times a week.) He was at the hospital that day so no notes to catch up on! Yay!
Wednesday Cade did not have preschool because it was Veterans' day. We went to JoAnn's and I let each of them pick out some fabric. They didn't know why, but I am making pillow cases for them for Christmas. Cade picked Ninja Turtles with a blue background. Cami picked a purple fabric with princesses. They were both really excited and even helped me wash it when we got home. We also stopped at Kohls and got a sweater for Kirk for Christmas. We found kid's Christmas shirts and they each picked one that I liked. I told them we had to save the shirts for after we put up our Christmas tree. When I checked out, I got a good surprise. I had a 25% off coupon, but they also gave me a $10 off a $25 purchase. I ended up spending $21 for a sweater and 2 kids shirts. We stayed home in the afternoon and Cade and Cami played a lot with blocks and cars. Cami likes to play princesses too.
Thursday we really didn't have anything planned. We set up a train track and played with that for a while. Cade used to love that and do it everyday, but not any more. We ended up going to the park for a little bit and babysat Carter while his mom took the baby to the doctor. The bishopric came over to visit that evening.
Friday was a busy day. I dropped off Cade at preschool then took Cami to Crystal's house and went to the doctor for my 36 week check. I have gained about 30 lbs. They did a quick ultrasound to check my fluids, which have been low and are getting better. They hooked me up to an NST and I have one contraction, which I didn't feel. They said I'm dilated to a 1 and about 60% effaced and things are progressing nicely. Not quite ready to have baby yet, but I am on schedule! My plan is for baby to be born the day after Thanksgiving. That would be 2 weeks early and Tom and Lisa would be here to take care of our kids. But, I guess I don't really get to plan that. After the doctor I picked up Cami and we went home and made some lunch. We picked Cade up and headed out to meet with a speech therapist to help him with pronunciation. We went to Dar's house and got some wheat flour before going home. My visiting teacher came over in the afternoon. Kirk came home for about 15 minutes before going off to Vancouver with James and David.
Saturday Kirk was gone all day. We had German pancakes for breakfast (Cami's choice). I usually cut the 9x13 pan into 10 pieces. I at 3 and each of the kids ate 3.5. Cade has been eating a lot this week. He may be growing. We made salt dough hand prints and Christmas trees and painted them while we waited for our dining table to be delivered. I let Cade and Cami take a bath in my big tub, which they love. They were both really excited when our table came. They liked watching the guys put the legs on. I was getting sick of being home. We went over to Scott's house to visit and drop off some holiday clothes for Jex. We went to the park and then to Costa vida for dinner. After getting home, we cleaned up toys and then watched part of Aladdin before putting the kids to bed. I folded laundry and watched NCIS until Kirk got home at 8:30ish.
Today is Sunday. We got up, had waffles and went to church. Cami woke up with dry underwear for the fourth night in a row. That's a new record for her! Woohoo! Our home teachers came over, we went to tithing settlement and then the Elder's quorum presidency came to visit. It was a busy afternoon. Cade and Cami were tired and hungry by the time we ate dinner and we put them to bed right after.
The next few weeks will be exciting. Kirk is going hunting in North Dakota. He leaves Thursday and will be back Monday night. Then it's Thanksgiving week and Tom, Lisa and Connor are coming to visit. Then its the waiting game until baby comes while we do Christmasy activities. I am about done with Christmas shopping. Our house is reasonably put together after moving in. Here we go!
Volleyball
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment