Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Sunday November 22

This has been a long week!  I don't even remember some of the days. . .

Monday

Tuesday morning we went to singing time and then Dar came over and brought us a box of apples.  We stayed home the rest of the day because it was so windy!  That evening Kirk surprised us and came home about 4:00.  I had a baby shower with our new ward at 7:00 and had asked him to get his work done so I could go to that.  He forgot about it, but wanted to see the kids awake, so he came home early.  We ended up having an early dinner and he left about 5:15 and was home in time for me to go to the shower.  The ward here says they like to do baby showers for everyone.  It was fun to hang out and get to know a few people that I see at church.  We got a bunch of diapers and baby wash, a couple of outfits, toys and a blanket.

Wednesday morning we babysat David and Elaine, took the boys to preschool and played at home a bit.   Cami and I went to Target while Cade was at preschool and exchanged a couple of things from the shower.  We went to the library and Winco in the afternoon.  I was glad that I got the shopping out of the way before my doctor appointment.

Thursday Kirk left for his North Dakota hunting trip at 4:30 to catch a 6 am flight!  I had a doctor appointment and took the kids to play with David and Elaine.  I love trading baby sitting with Michelle; our kids have fun together.  My doctor's appointment was more dramatic than I was expecting.  I have been measuring small and my fluid levels are very low.  They did an ultrasound to check them and then left me alone in an exam room for a while.  Then the doctor came back and said he wanted to do another ultrasound himself to check the fluid levels.  They decided I was at a "7" and if it drops to a "6" (normal range is 7-25) then they need to induce labor.  I am 37 weeks, so it's early, but not crazy early. I have dialated to a 2 and am about 70% thinned. The part that made me nervous was that Kirk had just left for a 5 day trip.  The doctor said to keep a close eye on the baby's movements over the weekend and that he wanted to do another ultrasound on Monday and then Wednesday next week and if anything gets worse they will induce me.  I have been trying to take it easy since then but sometimes that is hard with 2 little ones and an absent husband!

Friday we took Cade to preschool and Cami and I went visiting teaching.  It was nice to go meet some new sisters.  Friday afternoon we stayed home and made french fries and hamburgers and read some stories.  Cade and Cami both loved the french fries.

Saturday morning we went to the Christmas parade at the mall.  Lauren and Crystal met us there with their kids.  The parade is pretty small, but Cade and Cami loved getting jingle bells and candy.  We walked around the mall for a bit and then headed home.  In the afternoon we watched Cars off and on and played some blocks.  We got pizza for dinner.  After the kids were in bed, Lauren and Crystal came over and we played a game and hung out.  It was fun to see them and relax without kids running around.

Today we went to church.  Our lesson in Sunday school was about being thankful and how that can make you happy.  My scripture for the week is D&C 98:1  "In everything, give thanks."  I am going to look for things to be grateful for in many situations this week instead of complaining.  We were able to face time with Alan and Kristi for a bit and we went to Scott and Kara's for dinner.  It was really nice to be able to go there and not have to cook.

This next week will be full of action!  We could be having a baby, Kirk is off the whole week, Tom, Lisa and Connor are coming Tuesday and Thursday is Thanksgiving.  We'll see how it goes!

No comments: