Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

November 29--Thanksgiving and Ellie

This week started out with good news at the doctor for me.  He said that my fluid levels had increased a bit and to come back for another check up on Wednesday.  I was so relieved, just knowing that Kirk was coming home that day and I wasn't having the baby.  He made it home about 9:00 that evening.

Tuesday was a good, relaxing but busy day.  We woke up to a little bit of snow and Cade and Cami had to go out and play!  We got the house picked up and vacuumed in the morning and did a bunch of laundry.  We went to Costco and came home and had lunch.  After quiet time, we went to Wal-mart and picked up a few more things.  Tom, Lisa and Connor drove up from Utah and got to our house about 6:30.  We invited Scott and Kara over too for dinner and we had fun together.  Jex is getting really big!

Wednesday morning Cade wanted Kirk to take him to preschool and then Kirk and Tom went yokes for drinks and snacks.  They did their manly thing of gun cleaning too.  I played with Cami and talked to Lisa.  I told her it was the first day in a while that I didn't have anything I really needed to get done.  I went with Lisa to the preschool so she could stay for the end of Cade's harvest party.  Then I picked up Kirk and we went to see the doctor.  They did an ultrasound again and said that the fluid had dropped.  Dr. Bahnmiller wanted to induce me.  He said that the baby was healthy that day and the placenta was doing ok, but if we waited a few more days we increased the chance of something going wrong or having a c-section.  I was glad that Kirk was there too.  We went home and grabbed some stuff and the family.  We wanted a good, big meal before heading to the hospital so we picked Costa Vida--always a winner!  Then we left the kids with Tom and Lisa and went to the hospital.

Everything went really smoothly.  I had really nice nurses and got checked in and everything.  They started pitocin about 4:00.  I slowly started to feel contractions, but nothing too serious.  By 7:00 they were getting more intense, but still not too bad.  I opted to get my epidural though, so I didn't have to feel much.  We brought 2 movies--McFarland USA and Inside Out and watched those.  By 10:00 I was 6 cm dialated and by 12:00 I was at a 9.  Kirk fell alseep about midnight.  I woke him up at 1:10 when I was getting ready to push and the doctor and nurses were bringing everything in.  Elizabeth Ann was born at 1:19 after 4 pushes.  We were excited to find out if we were having a boy or a girl.  Now having a girl seems so right.  The nurses got her cleaned up and weighed and everything (7 lb 10 oz and 19 inches long.)  Kinda a fun fact.  Ellie was 7-10, Cade was 8-11 and Cami was 9-12 birth weights.  I fed Ellie a bit and then finally everyone left and we got to sleep for a few hours.

Kirk went home about 7:30 that morning.  He brought everyone back so they could see Ellie.  I ate some jello and donut holes and didn't even get a stomach ache.  I love not being pregnant!  I spent the rest of the day at the hospital and watched some football.  Kirk came back for a couple of hours in the evening to keep me company.

Friday morning Ellie and I were ready to go home by about 11:30.  Kirk, Cade and Cami all came to get me.  We home and hung out the rest of the day.  We set up the Christmas tree and played.  Mostly I sat down and took care of Ellie.

Saturday Kirk and Lisa got some stuff hung up in the garage and we hung out at home.  Cami had a stomach bug and laid on the couch watching movies all day.  Cade and Kirk went on a bike ride.  Sunday I stayed home with Cami and Ellie and the rest of the group went to Scott's church for Jex's blessing.  Tom and Lisa got their stuff packed up so they could leave on Monday morning.  Ellie mostly just slept and ate.  She had a hard time sleeping in her bed for a couple of nights and would cry every 15 minutes or so.  She and I spent most of those nights in the recliner sleeping together and it worked well.  Sometimes she forgot to wake up and eat too.

I was so glad that they could be here.  I was a little concerned about my kids.  I know they got a bit stressed out, but it was all ok.  I know I get a little onery, and people get to put up with me too.  It was so nice to have someone here to help with Cade and Cami and meals and getting a few projects done too.

No comments: