Tuesday December 22 was my birthday. It was pretty uneventful. I took my mom to the airport in the morning and we were home the rest of the day. Kirk worked until dinner time and then went back in after we ate. I made hamburgers and tater tots, very yummy.
Wednesday my friend Lauren came over to play for a bit with her kids (about the same ages as mine.) I wanted some social time and it was great to chat with her again.
Thursday was Christmas Eve. Kirk was off (yay!) We got our TV mount set up in the bonus room and bought a cord to connect it to the computer. Cade, Cami and I watched the movie Annie and Cami kept singing "Tomorrow, I love you. Tomorrow, I love you." We went to Dar's house for dinner. It was fun. We played christmas songs on chimes, acted out the nativity with puppets and played a game with candy and prizes wrapped in saran wrap. Lisa gave our kids pajamas and they opened them.
We came home and got the kids to bed. We moved the tree into the family room by the fireplace and set up the presents. It was fun. We hid the stockings. Kirk and I ended up staying up for a few hours talking about future career choices. He is still trying to decide if he wants to buy in to Dentistry for Kids, continue as an associate, or go buy elsewhere. We need to get more information before making a decision, but it was good to talk about it. He told me several of his concerns with all of those options. We need to decide what will be best for our family. I know that Heavenly Father will help us and make it clear. Every time I have had a major decision in my life like moving, school, children, etc. I have had a very clear message from the spirit telling me what to do. I love the scripture in D&C about study it out and pray and the Holy Ghost will make it known unto you.
Christmas day was fun. It was only the second time in our marriage that we stayed home for the holiday. We let the kids open their Santa presents first. Cade got a Star Wars t-shirt and Cami got a set of 8 little princess dolls. They loved it. We opened about half of the presents before Cami got bored. She just wanted to play with her princess dolls and new pony. Cade was having a blast with his new nerf guns. We took a break. They each got a fleece character blanket, fuzzy socks and some books. They opened bubble bath, and colored bath water tablets, glowing stars, and art supplies.
For lunch, we built a fire and roasted hot dogs and starbursts. Cami did not like the smoke and wouldn't come outside. Cade refused to eat anything black so he had a warm hot dog. He also wanted to roast a cucumber which he also ate.
We did face time with both of our parents and had a relaxing day. I got Kirk a new bag and net for fishing. He decided not to get me anything, which was disappointing.
December 28th Tom, Lisa and Connor drove up. They stayed with Scott and Kara, but we still saw them a lot. Lisa brought a craft activity that the kids loved where you stuck foil to these little foam stickers to make them colorful. We had dinner at Scott's on Monday evening. Everyone spent the afternoon here on Tuesday and we opened presents here. We got a family camping tent. Cade got some duplos and Star Wars books and suitcase. Cami got a Bitty Baby and some jewelry. She is such a girl! She loves dressing up. Wednesday we hung out at Scott's most of the day and had dinner here. Thursday Kirk was off and ended up going to Yakima with Tom to fish, but it was all icy. Lisa painted a wall in our downstairs bathroom and we played with kids. Cade loved playing Star Wars and with his duplo blocks. Friday we had a New Year's breakfast here with waffles, 5 different syrups, bacon and sausage. We went and rode the carousel. Kirk and I ditched the kids and took Ellie shopping. We went to JC Penney and bought some pants and shoes for Kirk and a new skirt for me. It was fun to just hang out and talk about nothing important. We all went to Bob's burgers for dinner and said good bye to Grandma and Grandpa. Cade and Cami had so much fun playing with them and I am really glad that they came up to see us. That evening Kirk and I went through my clothes to see what outfits I had and what I need to buy to finish them up. It was kinda fun.
Saturday we stayed home most of the day. Kirk did some yard work and we got the house cleaned up and played with kids. That gets me to today. Ellie is 5 weeks old and it was her first time staying at church for 3 hours. She is super cute. She is starting to go 3.5-4 hours at night between eating. Last night I only had to get up twice between 9 and 7. yay! She will look at people but doesn't smile yet. She weighs 9 lbs, loves blankets and being held, cries when we put her in bed, but will fall asleep sometimes, eats 8 times a day, 3 oz bottle each time. She is still in newborn diapers and 3 month clothes. Super cute girl!
Cami funny: she was holding scissors right by her finger. I said "Don't cut your finger." Her response: Why? Then the scissors were right by her ear. I took them away. She likes to eat food and then hold up what's left and say "what does that look like?"
Cade: made a card for his Sunbeam teacher and we took it over to her. He was very proud of himself. he only would eat carrot stick and ham the other night if he could dump salt and pepper on first, He likes to sing the darth Vader song. We got Krispy Kreme with Grandpa. There was only one sprinkle donut and both Cade and Cami wanted it. Without putting up a fight, he told Cami she could have it and he took a different one. Sweet brother. Likes to play games, as long as he wins.

No comments:
Post a Comment