Pages

Monday, April 18, 2016

April 18

We had a good week last week.  I don't remember what we did on Tuesday, but I did go to the Relief Society activity that evening.

Wednesday Cade had preschool in the morning.  He was pretty nervous this time because the firemen were coming to show the kids their big truck.  He wanted me to stay and see it, but I needed to go and it wasn't really for parents.  He finally decided he would be ok if the teacher could hold his hand.  They ended up not coming at all because they had another emergency.

Thursday morning we went visiting teaching.  Cade had a lot of fun playing with another boy who was there.  I love that he is not super shy anymore and can go play.  We went to Costco in the afternoon and then stopped at a park to meet some friends.  We didn't stay at the park too long because the wind was picking up.  Kirk was off and went fishing in the morning.  We had an early dinner and to Lauren's house.  We decided to do a monthly date-night baby sitting swap.  Kirk and I had planned to go on a bike ride, but there were lots of gray clouds around and it was windy.  We ended up going to Lowe's to buy some wood for shelves and got some baseball stuff for Cade at Target.  Not the most exciting date ever, but it was nice to relax a bit and hang out without little people around.

Friday Cade had preschool again in the morning.  We had one visiting teaching appointment that fell through and I took Cami and Ellie to Yokes to get a few things.  Cami loves to go there without Cade.  If I just have one of them I let them use the little carts they can push.  She unloads her cart at the checkout, wants a bag of groceries in it again and then will unload it into the car.  She is pretty independent.  When she grows up, she wants to be a mom.  We met Crystal at the park for a bit in the afternoon and then Lauren's kids came to play that evening.  Having 6 kids 5 and under makes for a busy house, but they have fun playing together.  It took me about 5 tries to get Ellie to bed that night!  She is now sleeping 11-12 hours straight at night though, so I can't complain.

Saturday we stayed pretty busy.  Kirk mowed the lawn, fixed the trimmer, trimmed the grass, blew out the extra, planted flowers, swept the patio and changed the oil in the matrix.  I took Cade and Cami to Home Depot to help me pick flowers to put in our yard and got some stuff cleaned up inside.  I got to go to Olive Garden in the afternoon with some friends for a birthday.  It was fun to get to know a few people in our new ward better and a much-needed break.  We went to Chicos tacos for dinner and then stopped at a park to play after we ate.  

Sunday was Sunday and now we're starting another week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you again for all the time you spend doing these posts. It is so fun to read about your days and how you fill up your time jar.
You are a wonderful mom.
Love,
Dad