We had a "Cami Day" today. Every day has "Cami moments" and
luckily it's not too often we have a day full of them. I want to write them down and share a few. Cami is not very careful, she's three and
she's stubborn. These are the things
that happen. It may not sound too bad, but keep in mind, all of this happened between 2 and 6:30 p.m. today.
--Cami filled up a sippy cup with water (ok) then opened a
cupboard door to get the lid out and knocked the cup over onto the kitchen
floor (not ok).
--15 minutes after the cup incident, she wet her pants while
standing next to the toilet. Not fun to
clean up, but I understand sometimes the potty comes out too fast.
--During her bath today she wanted to put some soap on her
washcloth and took the lid off instead of just opening the flip top. She dumped out several tablespoons of soap
onto the side of the tub. This was right
after she dumped a bucket of water on the floor by the tub. Then Cade squirted her with water and she
started crying a lot.
--We ate dinner outside.
She was helping bring some stuff out but ended up playing right by the
open door for too long. Then she flipped
out because a bug came in the house. She
slipped and knocked her fork on the ground.
Two minutes later she slipped and knocked the ketchup on the ground and
broke the lid.
--We went for a bike ride this afternoon with me pushing
Ellie in the stroller. Cami swerved
right in front of Cade and he ran into her, knocking her over. She was upset (understandable.) She wouldn't get back on her bike (ok). Then she kept crying as we walked home. (not ok).
Then she decided she did not want to walk anymore and continued to scream
and sit on the bike path (not ok). Cade
was way ahead of us so I ended up carrying her and pushing the stroller with
Ellie and Cami's bike. She cried the
whole way home (really not ok!) I put
her in her room for a while to calm down.
--Cade and Kirk went for another bike ride after dinner and
I was trying to get Cami to help me clean up the family room. I asked her several times to put a chair
away. She just ignored me and kept
playing. Finally I told her if she
didn't help me then she could go to her room.
She said "don't talk to me like that" and started to get
something out. I told her again that she
could help me or go to her room. She
said her choice was to play. I said her
choice was to help or go to her room.
She ran up to her room and yelled that she was staying there forever and
not coming out. Next time I saw her, she
had taken her clothes off.
On the flip side, Ellie slept really well today and took a 2
hour, a 1 hour and an almost 2 hour nap and was super happy all day.

No comments:
Post a Comment