Pages

Monday, November 10, 2008

Homecoming

So, last week was really busy for me. It was homecoming at my school and I am senior moderator. Each day we have actvities--competitions between classes--such as basketball, dance off, spelling bee and class skits. Then we top it all off with a parade on Saturday from our school 2 miles down the road to the football game which is played at a public high school. You have to know though that the road we parade down is a major road with 3 lanes of traffic going each way. Imagine State Street in Orem, for you Utah people. Anyway, as senior moderator, my job was to get the kids ready for the activities and make the float. I also got to compete in the "moderator competition" against the other teachers that assist the other classes. It was an obstacle course involving stacking pop cans, chewing gum, jumproping, rolling lemons with straw and blowing up balloons. Anyway, I totally won--just in case you were wondering. I am going to attach some pictures of our senior class building their float and the finished product. The theme was heroes, so we had Superman on the front, the twin towers in the back and Captain America and Wonder Woman riding by the towers. It is all made of tissue paper and cardboard and was fun to make--even if it did take a million hours!


Here is Superman and our "Senior" banner.


These are the twin towers and class of 2009.


This is the freshman class float--I thought is was really cute.


Here is my name--they must think I'm a hero :). They put names of the teachers that helped out each year on the tires.
Anyway, just thought I'd let you know what I've been up to. Luckily we have a few days off this week to make up for the extra work.

3 comments:

Steffy said...

Yeah for being soooooooo awesome!! It looks like a ton of work, but so worth it!

Breanne Talbot said...

Good choice to have Superman! That looks like so much fun! I think that's so awesome that you totally won at the obstacle course. It reminds me of all those spirit bowls we "went" to...

Norris Fam said...

That does look like it would take a million hours! Nice job!