I had Friday off and we spent the day at Universal Studios. Mom had never been there before and we did EVERYTHING! We were there the entire time it was open and managed to get the last ride in just as the park was closing. We had a really great time.
Here's Mom, ready to start the day
We started out with the studio tour and here are the flying/exploding cars.
Then we got attacked by Jaws!
Saturday we went hiking in the Santa Anita canyon. We first hiked to a waterfall which was about 3.5 miles. We decided to take a detour back to the car which ended up being 4.5 miles instead of just 0.5. Overall our hike was 8.5 miles. It was so pretty! We had to cross the river several times because of recent rains. Everything was really green and cool and the weather was perfect.
We really liked this ivy-covered tree.
Sunday after church we headed down to Orange county. We spent the afternoon in the car. . . and finally made it to Laguna beach after a lot of slow traffic. But we had a great time exploring some tide pools. Mom enjoyed watching the waves roll in and out. We ended the day at my Uncle Greg's house for dinner and some wild games.
What's a trip with Mom without a little shopping? This morning we went to JoAnns and Kohls. My mom had a great coupon at Kohls and I ended up getting 3 pair of shoes for $20 total! Here's the crazy part. They are all 3-4 inch heels! I never would have bought them a year or two ago, but now I think they're really cute. Yes, they do make me at least 6 feet tall but Kirk likes it! Now I have to figure out how to walk in them! :) Now its back to work and stuff, but I've had a great 5 days. Thanks for coming Mom!

6 comments:
How fun! What a rare treat to have an entire long weekend with your mom all to yourself!!!
I'm jealous, that looks like you guys had a ton of fun!! I only wish that we could go outside without a coat on and not freeze. I have had enough of the snow, and I am ready to be able to go run outside, and play with Daniel! I am glad that mom got to come down to visit you. I know that I sure had fun with her when she came up here for a few days too!!
I can't wait to see your shoes!
Love ya
Aren't moms the best? I can't believe how much you and your mom look alike. I mean, you always have, but really- you look a lot alike. I think it's awesome that you got such tall shoes- you never would've done that in high school! Way to go!
I'm glad you had such a fun time! And shopping trips with mom are the best! That's great you bought some heels. If you need any tips on running in heels, let me know :)
Ha! I love high heels! I don't wear them so much now that I am 8 months pregnant...anywho, aren't moms great!!
Once you figure out how to walk in those heels, pass along the info! I need some insiders secrets. I'm glad I can keep up with you through your blog! It's great to see pictures of you and what you're up to!
Post a Comment