Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

You thought this wouldn't happen

I know that you're thinking I may have forgotten how to post on a blog, or that I've lost my computer or something, but no. You were wrong. I've just neglected this blog for months.

I do have somthing post-worthy to show today though. Kirk and I decided to go bass fishing at Castaic Lake. We normally go trout fishing in a river or surf fishing at the beach, so this was somewhat of an adventure for us. Kirk had heard that this lake had some good bass fishing so we thought we'd try it out. We got up early and left about 5:45 a.m. on Saturday, September 25. It took about 45 minutes to get to the lake, then we found a spot to park and hiked down to the lake. There were already several people around the lake, but we found a spot to fish. We tried for a while and didn't get anything, then Kirk got really excited because we saw several fish swimming up to the surface. We tried for another couple of hours without any luck. Kirk and I were both thinking it was about time to quit when I felt a small tug on the line. I reeled in this monster:


Here is a picture of the lake with beautifully dry southern California mountains around it.

All in all it was a fun day and we were both glad that we went, even though our arms didn't get sore from reeling in the huge fish we were hoping for.

3 comments:

Ryan and Emily said...

Even though I grew up right by Castaic Lake, I've never been there! Maybe I'm not missing much...as far as fishing goes, right? I feel like I haven't talked to you in forever! Hope you guys are doing well!

Kara M. said...

Glad to hear it was still fun even if you only caught one "monster" :) Luckily we've talked to y'all a few times otherwise I would think you had fallen off the face of the earth do to lack of blogging!

April Celeste Garff said...

What a "monster" it was! Sounds like you had fun! Looks beautiful.