Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Halloween!!!

We had a great time celebrating Halloween this year! I haven't dressed up for a long time and it was really fun. One of my students gave me the idea of being Ms. Frizzle from the Magic School Bus series. I had a lot of fun making my costume. I bought a purple dress on clearance at Target and then colored pictures of different chemistry things on fabric and sewed them on. I completed it with a "meter stick" belt, a molecule braclet, stopwatch around my neck and finally, I tied H2O molecule models to my shoes. I wore the costume to school and then to our ward party Friday night. Saturday a group of our friends went out to dinner. We were all dressed up. Kirk wasn't too thrilled about the idea of dressing up, but I was able to convince him to be a Jack-O-Lantern last minute. We all went to BJ's for dinner. The waiters seemed really excited to see a group of adults all decked out in costumes. Once we ordered our drinks (water or lemonade) I think they may have been a little disappointed at our soberness. Oh well! After dinner we headed back to Daniel and Kylies for a desert of carmel apples and cookies. Here are some pictures of our costumes:


Here is the entire group. For dinner we were all dressed up, but some of us here aren't. We had leprecauns, Woody and Jessie, Olive and Popeye, Karate Kid and his teacher, the couple from the roaring 20's.

Katie, Kylie and Ashley planned a great party. Thanks girls!

3 comments:

Steven and Keeley said...

Hey! You did a great job capturing the memories in your blog! I wanted pictures to document since our time here may be short lived, but I forgot my camera and have had a hard time tracking down copies. Did you guys take pics or did you get these from someone else?

Katie said...

so glad you came with us on Saturday, it was lots of fun!!

Meg said...

Cheryl, you look awesome! Very Ms. Frizzle. Well done!!