Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

8 months--with pictures

I added some pictures at the bottom by popular request. :)

A lot can change in life in a short 8 months.

8 months ago Kirk and I were. . .
**Looking forward to my family visiting for Thanksgiving in LA.
**Kirk had 5 interviews down and one to go with no idea of where we would end up, hoping to get in to a program
**Kirk was also trying to finish up graduation requirements, prepare for a licensing exam and study for the boards
**I was teaching and really enjoying my job
**not expecting a baby (it was right before I got pregnant)
**owners of 1 car
**living in Southern California

Now we are. . .
**living in Mississippi because the magical match put us here

**Done with dental school including passing the licensing exam and the boards
**Expecting a baby boy in about a month

(not the most glamorous picture of me, but you get the idea)

**Loving the toyota matrix we bought
**I am no longer working, a big change for me, but I am learning to love the time at home and being able to nap and eat whenever I want
**missing the So Cal weather because it is 98 and really humid here every day (seriously, I don't spend time outside after 9 am unless I am walking to the car or a building)

This is obviously a time of change for us. It is challenging at times, but I think it will bring us closer together. Of course we wish we could live closer to family and we miss our friends, but I never would have guessed that I would ever live in Mississippi. I want to have a blast while I live here and make the most of every day. Sometimes that is hard to remember, but my goal to to keep trying and really enjoy life.

Looking forward 8 months from now will bring a bunch of changes too!

7 comments:

Mangum Menagerie said...

Lots can happen in a short time. Good luck with the baby.

Katie said...

Wow, you are right...lots of changes!! We miss you guys! I think you should come back. :)

Norris Fam said...

I wanted a picture of you 8 months pregnant...make Kirk take one so all of us can live this moment with you :) Good luck in the next few weeks...we are so excited for you!!!

Lindsey said...

I'm with Carrie, I was hoping for a picture!

Katie said...

Isn't is crazy how much can change in such a short amount of time? I remember looking back just a year after James was born and realizing how much had changed was mind boggling. Such great changes though. Good luck in Mississippi and with the baby!

Norris Fam said...

So cute! Thanks for the picture...if I lived closer I might just have to rub that belly :)

thailiz said...

Lots of changes, but all exciting! The weather there sounds as awesome as it is in Houston - quite the adjustment, and I imagine quite unbearable super pregnant! Good luck!