Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

45 days

This is Cade the day I brought him home from the hospital:
5 days old, 8.5 pounds and sleepy.






















This is Cade yesterday, 45 days later. Same carseat, same outfit, much bigger baby! He is now 7 weeks old, weighs roughly 12 pounds and is moving up to 3-6 month clothes and size 2 diapers.

We have also been letting him learn to fall asleep on his own, meaning no more rocking to sleep. It has been a challenge, but there is hope. He has had a handful of naps where he fell asleep without crying and the average crying duration is getting shorter. I think in the end he does get better sleep and it is a good thing, but it is hard to get through right now.

We are having fun with him! He is so much more alert when he is awake and I noticed him getting bored for the first time yesterday--guess I need to step it up a bit!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love the two pictures, he has changed a lot since we were there, I am excited to see him in November!

Mangum Menagerie said...

Cute- he will learn and it will be better, I know from experience.

Kara M. said...

Very Cute! He is growing up so fast! Already 12 pounds! What a big boy! We are excited to meet him! (Eventually) :) Hope you are having a good day!

Norris Fam said...

I love babies! Mine will be 6 months next week and I'm still trying to get her to sleep better (sigh). Maybe you'll have to give me all your tips :)

Unknown said...

adorable! What a cute little guy!