Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fire, Part II

Remember this post?  Well, I have another fire story to add to the saga.  I didn't think I was such an airhead.  I was boiling chicken today and letting it go for a while so it was tender.  I left the kitchen to talk to my sister on the phone which was charging in the bedroom.  When I came out to check it, I was too late.  The pan was spewing smoke.  I grabbed it and threw it out the door, but too late.  Our kitchen/living room was full of smoke.  I left the door open and quickly opened the window to air it out, but too late.  The smoke alarm went off and I thought of the sleeping Cade.  WAAAHHH!!! Too late.  So Cade got up and we played for a while and the pan is still soaking.  I managed to salvage most of the chicken, but it had a good 1/8 inch of solid black burn on the bottom. 

No comments: