Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Cade stories: sleeping and sucking

Cade found his feet and loves to pull his socks off

Cade likes to suck on everything he can get his hands on.  He also love to suck on the carpet.  I think this is totally discusting and try to not let him do it.  Ususally I put him on a blanket when he is on the floor because I know how clean the blankets are.  Anyway, the other day I put a burp cloth under Cade because I didn't have a blanket handy.  Pretty soon, he had pulled the burp cloth out of the way and was sucking on the carpet.  So I put it back underneath him.  He pushed himself over to the edge of the burp cloth and started sucking again on the carpet.  I moved the burp cloth again and he did the same thing.  So I pulled out a blanket and put him on that.  I left the room and came back a minute later.  He moved the blanket so his hands were on the carpet again.  So, I flipped him over on his back.  No more carpet :)

 
Playing with Daddy

We used to swaddle Cade when he went to bed.  He is too strong for the swaddle now and breaks out of it quickly.  The other day, I was having a hard time getting him to sleep and when I went in to check on him, I decided to swaddle him again to see if it would help.  2 seconds later Cade burst his arms out and gave me a big smile as if to say "ha, ha, Mom.  I don't want to be swaddled!"

I usually cover Cade with a blanket when I put him to bed too.  He moves the blanket around a bit and sucks on the edges as he is falling asleep.  The last couple of weeks though, he has been moving the blanket over his face and falling asleep under it. 

Cade woke up the other night at 9:00 p.m., which is really unusual.  Sometimes he cries out in his sleep, but after he had been crying for about 10 minutes, I thought I should go check him.  He had moved in his sleep and must have bumped his head because his face was smashed up against the side of the crib.  Don't worry, no bumpers in there, but I bet it scared him pretty good.  He has since repeated this a few times.  Maybe someday he will learn to fix it on his own.

2 comments:

Elise said...

I hope Cade is sleeping well for you. It's disgusting what kids will put in their mouths. I am always grossed out when they drink the water in the tub!

Unknown said...

Cade is SO cute! We miss you guys out here in LA!