What has Cade been up to this month?
- He loves sticks. We go outside pretty much everyday to play. He walks around and usually ends up playing with the wood chips around the trees. He loves to find the big sticks and carry them around. We got to play with sticks at music makers last week and he thought it was awesome!
- He understands everything we say but can't say anything himself. He has several signs he uses though--some I taught him, some he made up, but he uses them consistently. His current signs are: drink, eat, cold, hot, where, all done, and I did it.
- He knows where his head, mouth, teeth, ears, hair, feet and tummy are.
- Cade loves cars. He makes noises when he drives the cars around. He loves his big car that he can ride on and likes to crash into things with it.

- He also loves baths. He likes to try to turn the water on (but I don't). He loves to be squirted and enjoys dumping water on himself. He took a shower with Kirk the other day and totally loved it.
- He loves to climb on chairs. He finally got big enough to get up in our lazy boy recliner, our desk chair and the dining chairs. He really enjoys sitting in at the table in a real chair and having a snack.
- Cade loves his Daddy. He loves to climb all over him, when Daddy wrestles with him, puts him on the ceiling or throws him on the bed. He gets really excited when Daddy comes home or calls. Today, Kirk was laying on the floor and Cade was sitting in a chair. I told Cade to go get Daddy and he immediately climbed down and ran over and jumped on Kirk.
- The other day Cade had one of my hoodies on covering his face. I didn't realize what he was doing and then I heard a crash! He had ran into the closet door. I came over and he was sitting there, looking a little dazed, but happy.
- Cade loves stairs too. He is proficient at crawling up and down and now tries to walk. I hope he gets really good by the time his sister gets here! He can walk up and down the stairs at the playground because there are 2 railings to grab onto. He is just getting to be able to walk up the stairs to our apartment sometimes.
- He loves to play at the park too. He just wanders around and looks at the other kids then goes up the stairs and down the slides. He definitely loves the slides!

- Cade likes to help me unload the dishwasher. If I pull out the forks and sharp things, he can play with the rest of the silverware while I unload the rest of the dishes. He has fun carrying the basket around and dumping stuff everywhere. I can usually get all of the dishes done and he is totally entertained. He also loves to play with big utensils and measuring cups.
- He always smiles at people but is shy once in a while. I think he may be one of the smiliest people I know. He got really nervous yesterday when our home teachers came over and just sat on Kirk's lap with his head on his shoulder for about 10 minutes. He slowly warmed up and was ok by the time they left.
- Cade loves airplanes. He can point the out in the sky, often before I see them. He has an airplane noise he makes and yesterday picked up some lettuce and started making it fly while making his airplane noise.

- He also loves looking at books. We read books everyday, especially "a Cuddle for Little Duck". On a good day, he can point out things in the pictures like flowers, water, the bee, airplanes, cars and teddy bears.
We sure love our little guy! He is getting more grown up and is so fun to be with. He is still sleeping and eating great and has slowed down growing (yay). He sure keeps me busy, but I am really trying to enjoy the time I have with just him and me.
3 comments:
Awesome as always,
Cade looks so grown up.
Thanks,
Dad
Wow! It's so fun to hear what Cade is up to. He and Braden sound so much alike. I guess boys are boys! He's a cute kid. Keep the pictures coming!
Such a big handsome boy! Hope you're feeling well with that baby girl on the way :)
Post a Comment